Pulmonary Embolism

If the bruising is bugging you, you might try icing for a couple of minutes before the injection. (experience advice, rather than medical :))

Good lucks guys and hope you are all better soon!

samclem;875286 If Lovenox might work better and be more predictable than coumadin that would make it worthwhile. I have insurance (Tricare) said:
As I have mentioned a few times, I take 5MG of Warfarin (Generic version of Coumadin) daily -- have been for 6-7 years now. I have my Prothombine Time checked every 8 weeks and have not had any wide variations, certainly none outside of "normal" range. Of course, my diet doesn't vary much either.

I don't have any other choice but to continue taking an anti-coagulate for the rest of my life -- Atrial Fibrillation. Nevertheless, I have some concerns with the long-term effects of Warfarin/Coumadin use. So I am particularly interested in this:

Dabigatran - A Coumadin Substitute for Atrial Fibrillation?

Let me google that for you+

Perhaps, this is something you can get your PCP's advice on.

Sam, the once-daily injection regimen uses different dosing which you doctor can easily calculate for you.

Generally the low molecular weight heparins have been proven useful for thromboembolic diseases like DVT and pulmonary embolism. Their place in atrial fibrillation is less clear, though they are used at times and it's logical.

Thanks for preempting my "not medical advice" disclaimer. Turns out to be particularly apt in this situation because of numerous variations case to case, cost and coverage issues, and the clinical details.

The "-atroban" type drugs are likely to see wider use and can be helpful, but the same basic issues apply.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom