Rachel from card services just called me

I started getting a ton of robocalls after I started the Ooma service. You can only use Nomorobo if you pay an additional $9.99/mo for their "Premier Service".

True. The Premier service is worth the extra cost to me because it also gives me unlimited personal block lists, which I have used extensively, especially when I first got it. The last year or two, I've received maybe 2 or 3 spam calls per year, which is tolerable.

I'm not sure its Rachel, but I also get sent emails from myself.

I've been known to talk to myself, but sending emails to myself. :nonono:

Actually I've got emails from my account ID too.

Just got a call on my cell phone. Had no intention of answering since I didn't recognize the number, and as I was sitting by my computer I punched the number into whocallsme.com and oh what a surprise :facepalm: the number was a reported scammer. Even more surprising, "John" at "Senior Benefits" left a message to tell me about a great government program called reverse mortgage, and all I had to do to learn more was press 1. But my I pressed 7 instead to delete the message from my phone. Wonder if John and Rachel are related?

Just put a little note next to the phone, for unwanted callers. Say: this is ISIS north america, well send one of our associates over to you with a sharp instrument.

I send emails to myself occasionally. Usually to bump something to the top of my inbox, occasionally as tests for something I'm trying like a new steganography program or whatever. But I do also talk to myself, so I'm not sure what that signifies.

Actually I've got emails from my account ID too.
I send emails to myself all the time!!!!

It's really useful if you want something that you read on your iPad to get over to your computer, or vice versa.

Email is more easily searched than shared bookmarks.

I started getting a ton of robocalls after I started the Ooma service. You can only use Nomorobo if you pay an additional $9.99/mo for their "Premier Service".
I moved my copper POTS line to Ooma. Tons of spam calls before and after. I thought the premier wasn't worth the extra, so bought a Sentry box and hooked it up in serial configuration. Since then, when the phone rings, we answer it and it's always someone we know or a legit business we want/need to talk to. You whitelist your regular callers, and if, say, your new auto mechanic calls, she would be instructed to hit a touch tone and call back to actually ring the phone. In all the time we've had the sentry, only one bold salesman beeped through, and you know that conversation was all about his understanding of how he figured he was not "a solicitation of any kind", certainly not about whatever he was selling.

I feel left out, Rachel never calls me.

Don't worry, she'll get around to you one these days, and once she does, you'll never stop hearing from her.

This is exactly what the telcos want since they earn far more profit on cell service.

I was already paying for my cell service, and the provider is not the one my landline was with, so I don't think this is what my Telco really wanted unless they just don't care about that $32/month in revenue.

The one-time advantage went to the companies from which I bought the signal booster and the Bluetooth device that ties into my home phone wiring.

Nobody else is making a dime off me cutting off my land-line. In fact I'm now using my cell provider's network a bit more, without paying any extra.

Little while ago the phone rang. Caller id displayed 123456789 etc.

For the heck of it I picked up an said: Grand Central Station. They hung up. Guess they can't take a joke. BTW I do not have a NY city prefix:D

Maybe I scared Rachel off?

Ooma premier does an excellent job for us on our "landline" number, especially now that they are also using Nomorobo in addition to their own filters. We think it's more than worth the $$.

I just got Mr. Number app (free) for my iPhone a few weeks ago and so far it has caught 3 spam/scam calls but missed 4 that I reported to them. But at least it's some help.

Little while ago the phone rang. Caller id displayed 123456789 etc.

For the heck of it I picked up an said: Grand Central Station. They hung up. Guess they can't take a joke. BTW I do not have a NY city prefix:D

Maybe I scared Rachel off?

Sometimes, when I'm at my mother-in-law's house for Christmas, I will answer her phone when it rings and bring it to her, since she doesn't get around well. The past December, I answered "Edna's brothel. We'll make sure you have a very merry Christmas!" The elderly lady calling to ask about the church potluck supper was a little flabbergasted.

Last edited:
She could have asked for the Chippendales.

Back
Top Bottom