Rainy day for Mohs

Badger

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Going in this morning for Mohs surgery yet again on my scalp. This will be #7 for cutting somewhere on my person. I have my mask and sanitizer ready. I lost track of the number of N burnings but calculate it must be around 400+. Too bad there wasn't sun screen available in the 50s - 70s when I was in the sun more. Skin doesn't seem to heal as well in my early 70s.

I was also informed that my new dresser I ordered from Costco is in town ready to be delivered now that the hurricane will be going past our town this afternoon. Maybe they will wait until tomorrow. It is going to be a rainy and windy day in NE Florida on the coast. As long as the power doesn't go out I'm golden.

Cheers!

Good luck Badger! This cutting stuff seems to increase in frequency with age.

Ain't it da truffe....My aging axiom is "If it's bad, you're going to get more of it..."

I would think a rainy day would be good for conductance . . . . oh, sorry, that's Mhos, not Mohs. Anyway, I hope things go smoothly for you and your surgeon today.

I would think a rainy day would be good for conductance . . . . oh, sorry, that's Mhos, not Mohs. Anyway, I hope things go smoothly for you and your surgeon today.

And sadly, the International Standards body the " Conférence Générale des Poids et Mesures, " seems to be lacking in whimsy, and decided in 1971 that the term "mhos" was not professional enough. We could use more whimsy in the tech/science world.

For those unaware, the ohm is the measure of electrical resistance, named after German physicist Georg Simon Ohm. The inverse of resistance is conductance, which is a more convenient way to address it for some issues. So the name for conductance became ohm spelled backwards, the "mho". I always thought it was clever, and I stick with it (like the Sears Building).

-ERD50

Thank you all for the good wishes. This one was a bit more difficult than previous Mohs surgeries so I will see how it all turns out in a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

Please keep us posted on your recovery.

It was a choice between the surgery and radiation. Easy choice. I've had too much radiation the past 10 years and the Mohs surgery should get it all.

One more visit in a week to remove stitches. :dance:

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom