Ramblings of dreamer

I noticed my productivity drop drastically soon after I started visiting this place. That was about the time our labor contract was beign negotiated, the bosses idea of negotiations was "NO" and our unit accepted it. So I don't know if it's this place or the bad contract I work under. Either way I thought of getting out and staying out is very consuming. I just hope house prices stay high for a few more years so it'll hasten my exit.

lets-retire said:
I noticed my productivity drop drastically soon after I started visiting this place.

Yep, this forum is not conducive to high producitvity levels. That's one reason I never logged on to this site while at w*rk. But I'm making up for lost time now. ;)

REW

eric said:
I’m only 32, and I am planning/hoping to retire within 3 years, but man, 3 years just seems so far off.   The thought of retiring just consumes me right now, and the thought of working for *another* 3 years is frankly depressing.
Maybe this consuming depression can be put to good analytical use. If you're going to spend the time here then perhaps it's best spent learning how others have gotten through their own time before ER.

If you compare your situation with the info from other's experiences on this board, is the timeline really three more years? Is there a way to cut it shorter or to back off the current pace at the compromise of stretching things out a couple more years?

FWIW the time AFTER your ER goes a lot faster. I've just started my 40th month of ER, my former job has already turned over twice since I did the turnover, and three years seems like last week. The trick is for you to make your next three years seem like they go like that too...

Back
Top Bottom