Recumbent Bikes

Momtwo said:
Dan,
We have a Pro Form SR30 and DH and I love it. We each do about 5 miles a day and find it is comfortable. We can watch TV or read while using it.
We decided to go the recumbent route last year because it is too hot to ride outside here for 5 months a year.
Momtwo

Momtwo - thanks for your post. I'm looking for a recumbent to ride outside...saw alot on my ride today...interviewed as many as I could and they all LOVE them a LOT...There are short medium long and 3 wheeled. Kinda expensive, seem to be made by small American companies...one cost $3500! Of course No. 2 son and I have got myself convinced that paying up to $3000 for a guitar makes sense...So given enough time (no impulse buyer here!) I'll probably raise my price limit..right now its $700 :D

DanTien
:)

My 2 cents,

I see these recumb. bikers ride by my house daily. They do look cool and comfy. However I was surprised to see one appear at corner. The house at the corner has a 4 foot high hedgerow and when the bike comes around he's invisible until he clears the hedges. His buddy rides with a flag, small pennant actually, flying about 5 feet high. I can see him coming from a safe distance.

Lets be careful out there!

BUM said:
My 2 cents,

I see these recumb. bikers ride by my house daily. They do look cool and comfy. However I was surprised to see one appear at corner. The house at the corner has a 4 foot high hedgerow and when the bike comes around he's invisible until he clears the hedges. His buddy rides with a flag, small pennant actually, flying about 5 feet high. I can see him coming from a safe distance.

Lets be careful out there!
:police:
Good point. Great! Next I'll get to choose which flag I want to fly...whoever asks me what I do all day in ER, doesn't realize that I'm often doing more meaningful stuff than I did in the office...
DanTien
:D

Dan:
Next I'll get to choose which flag I want to fly

Tadpole:
I fly a windsock with bright tail ribbons. It is very visible but I don't do streets.

I believe a pic of the 'mighty mighty dryer sheet flag' exists somewhere on the 'old forum'.

erflg-texture.jpg

Our flag, thanks to Big Money Jim

EDIT Sept 30 2005: Updated image link for new server -BMJ

Martha said:
erflg-texture.jpg

Our flag, thanks to Big Money Jim

I give BMJ most of the credit, but I insist on being given face time
for coming up with the motto. I looked at that and said (to myself)
"It can't be anything else!" :)

JG

EDIT Sept 30 2005: Updated image link in quote for new server -BMJ

Back in July 2005 Dantien and BigMoneyJim patented a Lazyboy vehicle

Today I saw this in the local paper - Minn man admits driving drunk in his Lazyboy - I'm not sure - sounds like a former member and ER from this board - Cutthroat?

July 31 2005
BigMoneyJim - I have this image now stuck in my head - I think this could work out on the trail also! ...there's a market for this somewhere. after all this is America...but that would be work, so we need to just hire a patent lawyer and license it too Lazy-boy.
This is how I see it - leather lazy-boy with all the extras (holders, massager, auxilliary motor, etc.) on a bent chassis - Sat rec & TV and well you get the picture.... :D Dantien

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom