Refundable or Non-refundable air ticket w/E-credit?

DrRoy

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW and I have E-credits with Delta from a previous flight that we had to cancel when a cruise was cancelled. As we book new flights that are paid for from the E-credit, is there any benefit to making them refundable, or should we go ahead and do non-refundable again?

DW and I have E-credits with Delta from a previous flight that we had to cancel when a cruise was cancelled. As we book new flights that are paid for from the E-credit, is there any benefit to making them refundable, or should we go ahead and do non-refundable again?

Depends on how much that flexibility costs.

What is the risk of needing to cancel plans again?
Personally, still much unknown about travel right now for me. I would make refundable.

My thought is, because the ticket was bought with E-credit, refundable or not, if I cancel again the value would just go back to E-credit anyway.

My thought is, because the ticket was bought with E-credit, refundable or not, if I cancel again the value would just go back to E-credit anyway.

Yes this is true; but since refundable tix cost more, you might be able to use the e-credit on two non-refundable trips vs one refundable. Also, refunded e-credit will have the same expiration date as the original, you don't get any extra time unless the airline does another pandemic-related extension.

Back
Top Bottom