Remembering Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 I'm sure that they had a lot of "agree to disagree" moments... and then perhaps pulled a bottle and a couple glasses out of a cabinet and had a drink.

RIP RBG

Scalia's son said RBGs husband liked to cook and Antonin liked to eat. It was a perhaps curious but charming friendship centered on mutual respect, love of the law and love of the USSC.

Both are missed.

Mod note:
Everyone recognizes that there are political implications to Supreme Court nominations, but references to that will get nowhere here and will lead to thread closure.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie "On the Basis of Sex" about her law school years and early career.

I know that my career as a female in a traditionally male field was better because of her impact.

One of my heros has died.

If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend the movie "On the Basis of Sex" about her law school years and early career.
+1, we thought it was an excellent movie as well. She was indeed a real trailblazer. FWIW “On the Basis of Sex would change a bit in order to add dramatic tension to the film, as well as to show Ruth's growth as a litigator. It's good to know, however, that the majority of the movie provides an accurate portrayal of the beloved, notorious, Ruth Bader Ginsburg.“

Last edited:
I know that my career as a female in a traditionally male field was better because of her impact.

+1 Can’t say I agreed with her views on everything but I certainly admired her passion and competence and benefited from her advocacy.

Yet, I wonder if, being such an icon, retiring was simply not an option? That feels like too high a price to pay for me. I would have felt trapped and am quite relieved I never became iconic.

Last edited:
Such an icon. She just kept going, living her truth.
We have lost a great one.
Peace to her and loved ones.

Note that posts were deleted prior to the closing of the thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom