Replacing a bunch of smoke detectors

I got these which are dual sensing - ionization and photoelectric. They take regular 9 volt batteries. Very happy with them over 6 years.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007G71U4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks travelover. I like the dual sensing of that model. Although I dislike the 9v battery power versus a sealed battery model. The Amazon reviews were mixed with many folks claiming false alarms. Glad your experience has been good.

Seems every model I’ve looked at online has a high percentage of negative reviews. Mostly complaints about false alarms. Maybe that’s just inherent in the nature of the product. Perhaps I shouldn’t overly concern myself with these reviews.

Our house is same vintage and it became a nightmare. Finally bought all new. We just went with 10 year battery, non-hard wired, and was able to screw them over old holes in ceiling. I just left hard-wires up there. $20 each at HoD. I got a couple of CO detectors separately also with 10 year battery. I am not handy and it was easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom