Report software quirks here

PMs

My PM box is showing a total of 735 messages. Let me assure you, I am not THAT popular!!!

I hesitate to open the box because it is definitely in error. I only want to keep a copy of the messages I've sent and maybe the last one received from a sender on a subject.

Because I think that the PM message issue is in a shake-out phase I shall wait to do house keeping.

Can you increase the number of characters allowed in a signature to 300? Mine is 292 but I can't edit it now because of the 250 character limit. It's also complaining about more than 2 lines no matter what I try.

2Cor521

I have put the single 728x90 banner at the top under the navigation bar to help offset the costs of running the site.
how about putting the ads on the bottom of the page- underneath everything else?

I did a few searches that should have produced a buttload of results and got nothing as well.

Maybe something has to be indexed in the middle of the night, to candlelight and a little light jazz...

Yes, PM wise I found that I now had every PM I ever sent or received in my inbox and had to delete them all in order to send a new one...or manually delete all but 99 of them one at a time :p

While that was a bit onerous, i'm still a wee bit concerned about where all those PM's that I had deleted had been repositoried all these years... :eek:

However, on a positive note, the "ignore user" feature is delightful.

Any way we can get the plugin that lets you see how many people are "ignoring" you? That'd open up a whole new world of competition that'd make post counts seem ridiculous...not that they arent... ;)

Name change

How do I get my old name back? It seems it has changed and no option exists in usercp to change it.

Just so i'm clear on this, do 'super moderator's have to wear the cape and little eye mask thing when they're posting?

Andy

Got anything in your bag of tricks that would let me click somewhere to "Go to first unread post" so that I don't have to re-read old stuff to figure out "where" I left off in the thread last time I was there?

Thanks!

spncity

Andy

Got anything in your bag of tricks that would let me click somewhere to "Go to first unread post" so that I don't have to re-read old stuff to figure out "where" I left off in the thread last time I was there?

Thanks!

spncity

Oh! Never mind! I figured it out :)

Tights. Underwear. Naked Rich.

Maybe it'd have been better if I'd had the chance to ralph on the OLD software before we got rid of it... :p

Oh! Never mind! I figured it out :)
My head is spinning today with so many questions, answers, and too little sleep from working on the conversion last night. So I am going to retire for the evening, see y'all tomorrow...

spncity, can you share with the others how this is done?

Quirks & Such

I logged in and wasn't recognized, until I logged in again and checked remember me. I think the quirk resides in having the password re-set.

-- Rita:confused:

How Do I?

How do I get a thread marked as read without having to mark the entire category? I didn't see this in the FAQ. With the old software, if you opened the thread to view the messages, the entire thread was marked as read.

I'm looking for the shortcut to using New Posts and hoping I can click on New Posts and have the system know where I came from (lately it seems like Mars! :D

--Rita

Trek, we have had a number of problems where the continuity of threads were destroyed by people making dramatic edits or deletions to their posts so we decided on a time limit on editing.

The time limit is WAY TOO SHORT with the new software. Andy, please increase it to at least 3 hours (enough time to cool down).

The time limit is WAY TOO SHORT with the new software. Andy, please increase it to at least 3 hours (enough time to cool down).

3 hours?? I would like to vote for 3 DAYS. I might be away from the board for a day or two, then realize I made a silly typo or gave a meaning other than what was intended.

Besides, it takes some people longer than 3 hours to cool down. ;)

Profiles

This is minor & unrelated, and maybe nobody edits their profile anyway, but I was poking around the new software and noticed that under "Edit Profile" is:

"Registration Required Information - All fields are required."

Are new users really required to fill out their date of birth, gender, and, state? Mine are blank, which makes me think the statement about the fields being required is not correct.

FYI, it looks like I can either leave them blank, or I can fill them all in, but leaving one of them blank (say, date of birth) is not possible.

I think the software treats "inebriated" as a valid state, so that's good.

3 hours?? I would like to vote for 3 DAYS. I might be away from the board for a day or two, then realize I made a silly typo or gave a meaning other than what was intended.

Besides, it takes some people longer than 3 hours to cool down. ;)

Understood. That's why I sait at least 3 hours. :)

Date of birth is required by US law so we can comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). You determine if you want your birthday available for others to see in the options. Gender and State are now required so we can better understand our community our demographics. If you don't feel comfortable providing this information, just put in incorrect info.

Back
Top Bottom