Retiree Bowled Over

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
If this wasn't so sad it would be funny... ::)

Michigan man bowls third 300 game of life, then dies

Ed Lorenz, 69, of Portage, near Kalamazoo, bowled a 300 Wednesday in his first league game of the night at Airway Lanes. When the retiree got up to bowl in the fifth frame of his second game, he clutched his chest and fell over, and efforts to revive him failed.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2005-12-30-bowler-dies_x.htm

Yeah its sad, but everyone's going to die one way or another and why not just finishing something you enjoy, with a sense of accomplishment.

My dad died of a heart attack at the age of 76 playing curling, the game he loved in the winter. Simply dropped to the ice and died instantly. If I have to go, I hope I do it while doing something I enjoy.

By many studies, the conclusion here would be that bowling, especially throwing a perfect game, causes heart attacks ;)

AltaRed said:
If I have to go, I hope I do it while doing something I enjoy.
This obituary has stayed in my head for over 30 years:
"Indeed, when Bing Crosby died of a heart attack at 74, nobody who knew him well could be surprised that the end came on the links. Crosby collapsed after carding an 85 on the suburban La Moraleja Golf Club on the outskirts of Madrid. Only the day before, he had arrived in Spain from England after a successful tour climaxed by a sellout performance at London's Palladium. The tour, he told reporters in Madrid, had been a reassuring test of his recovery from the back injury he got last March when he fell from the stage in Pasadena, Calif., during a celebration of his 50th year in show business."

AltaRed said:
If I have to go, I hope I do it while doing something I enjoy.

I hope for this also. Unfortunately, if you live long enough much of
what you enjoy now will disappear. The trick is to find new
things that you will enjoy as much to replace those that are gone.
I am in this phase now. Busy as ever, but not having as much fun as I once did. Obviously, I am hoping to reverse this before my demise.

JG

Back
Top Bottom