RIP - Bobby Hull

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
RIP - Bobby Hull.

He played in the golden age of hockey whene most players didn't wear helmets :(.

"He was huge when I was growing up in Canada," said former NHL player Tom Laidlaw. "He was like the Mickey Mantle of hockey. He was a star player with personality. He was flamboyant."
Hull, who starred on the ice but had controversies off it, has died at age 84, the Chicago Blackhawks and the NHL Alumni Association announced Monday.

He became the first in NHL history to score more than 50 goals in a season when he netted 54 in 1965-66. He got to 50 or more goals in five seasons for the Blackhawks and led the NHL in goals seven times.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nh...by-hull-the-golden-jet-dies-at-84/ar-AA16UczY

RIP - Bobby Hull.

He played in the golden age of hockey whene most players didn't wear helmets .

And many goalies didn't wear masks!
Here's a scan from a hardcover hockey book my parents were nice enough to buy for me a long, long time ago.

29143-albums233-picture2754.jpeg

I remember as a kid watching the Blackhawks on TV and the way to spot Stan Makita (the other superstar besides Hull on the team) was that Makita was about the only one who wore a helmet.

He was great. Reminds me of Hockey in my time.

Remember the Hanson brothers from Slapshot?

I knew the Carlson brothers from Cloquet, MN It was them.

He was great. I met him a few years ago. A car pulled up to a pub across the street from Wrigley Field. Bobby Hull got out - I walked over and helped him up the stairs to the private party he was attending.

I did not realize that he's still the leading scorer in Blackhawks history. You'd think after all these years someone would surpass him.

Growing up in Chicago we played a lot of street hockey. We all were Bobby Hull. I remember watching fuzzy games on our B&W TV. Then the owner took it off TV, I forgot about hockey, Bobby Hull and all of it... Until I moved to the South. LOL

RIP Bobby. We all wanted to fly down the ice like you did.

I saw him play a few times when I was a kid. Supposedly fellow players were in awe of his strength. Here's a pic of his pitching hay on his farm:
67150793_2198473633609291_5483965615360180224_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom