RIP - Brooks Robinison

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Remember him well. RIP

Perhaps the greatest 3rd baseman ever. Revered in Baltimore. A baseball legend to be certain.

Best defensive third baseman I ever saw. Sadly, as a Dodgers fan, my introduction to him was in the 1966 World Series. But even though he was a foe, I had great respect for him. Both as a player and as a person. RIP.

Brooks was always last to leave Memorial Stadium when I was a kid. I was able to skip school in the 60's because I was a School Safety Patrol member. Once a year all the SSP members from Baltimore and surrounding counties were invited to Memorial Stadium for a free Orioles game. I bet Brooks signed a lot of autographs on those days.

Was a Cubs fan. Was a National League fan. Didn't care about the Orioles. But Brooks rose above my dislikes. I played third and had a glove with his name on it. I loved that thing with all my heart and wished I could play like him.

I could not. :LOL:

My favorite player growing up. I played third base. I got his autograph when I was 11 years old. Highlight of the year for me.

I am (and always will be) a Red Sox fan. But I lived in the Baltimore area for many years and attended LOTS of games at both Memorial Stadium and Camden Yards. I was an O’s fan at any game where they (the O’s) weren’t playing the Sox.

Brooks was a magnificent ball player and a better human being. RIP. Hope the O’s win the World Series and dedicate the championship to Brooks Robinson!

Back
Top Bottom