RIP Dusty Hill

Apparently there really was a guy named Slim that welded a cage with a car seat in it, and one of the band members climbed in, then they pushed it out of the bed of a moving pickup truck. "Ain't nuthin' but somethin' to do" was probably spoken, LOL!

I was always amazed at how much music was made by two guitars and a drum set. The live album after Tres Hombres claimed no studio work right on the cover, but a close listen had me convinced there was a third guitar.

Last edited:
Remember years ago when we first moved to Houston . We were at a Hartz Fried Chicken when he drove up to the drive thru.in a custom Cadillac . Everyone was all excited of course my wife ran out with the other women . He was alright . Frank Beard lives in the Ft Bend area , my nephew plays a lot of golf with him . He says Frank is the most laid back guy you ever met.

Frank Beard, ZZTop's drummer, is the one band member who is clean shaven.

Apparently there really was a guy named Slim that welded a cage with a car seat in it, and one of the band members climbed in, then they pushed it out of the bed of a moving pickup truck. "Ain't nuthin' but somethin' to do" was probably spoken, LOL!

Yes. And by all account Slim was high class when he came floatin in.

Definitely sad news on Dusty Hill’s passing. Saw them twice back in the 80’s. One of my favorite bands growing up along with Bob Segar, Foghat and the Allman Brothers Band. Partial to ZZ’s older albums Tres Hombres, Rio Grande Mud and First Album.

Back
Top Bottom