RIP - Robbie Robertson

Definitely my favorite song of all time...

Can't believe "The Last Waltz" was almost 50 years ago. Now, only Garth Hudson remains.

RIP Robbie.

Heard about this cover that was done just a few years ago. For the 50th anniversary. Robbie’s son is one of the producers for Playing for Change. Can’t wait to see some of the other work these guys have done.

Heard about this cover that was done just a few years ago. For the 50th anniversary. Robbie’s son is one of the producers for Playing for Change. Can’t wait to see some of the other work these guys have done.

That is cool! Didn't know it existed.

That was quite good to say the least!:cool:

Ah, that's a shame. He wrote one of my favorite songs, "Broken Arrow" which Rod Stewart did a great version of.

It's a really romantic song.

Big fan of The Band. Music From Big Pink was one of my first album purchases ever. I saw Levon Helm a few years ago, shortly before he died. I've always liked Robbie, and listened to a lot of the Native American music he was involved in after the breakup of The Band.

I really enjoyed that video of The Weight, although nothing will ever beat the version on The Last Waltz with the Staples.

RIP Robbie. And the rest of the band. I guess Garth will be reuniting with them in the not too distant future. I'll probably be in the audience.

Robbie was the lead-in band for Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks with Levon Helm when I saw them at La Coq d'Or in Toronto. He and I were both the same age. I followed him after that. Big loss!

Robbie was the lead-in band for Ronnie Hawkins and the Hawks with Levon Helm when I saw them at La Coq d'Or in Toronto. He and I were both the same age. I followed him after that. Big loss!

Hard to believe we just lost the Hawk about a year ago. Ronnie beat cancer and lived a very long life. What a lot of music came from just those two people.

Back
Top Bottom