Running with a new hip?

Weight training to really build muscles around hip area very important. Agree with high impact isn’t what you want to be doing. 5-10 minutes of around 80% ( or less. Could be 50%) sprints up hills really builds glutes , which is good after a hip replacement. Also it really builds up that ROM. I am not a Dr either but my surgeon tells me not to be that cautious . Just don’t pound it for long durations and not often if I feel the need.
One hip revision in,
just never notice it’s there. I read the horror stories regarding revisions too, a lot depends on the surgeon. But if don’t really want a 3rd one. Today’s implants can last a real long time. Surgery is getting better too

Weight training to really build muscles around hip area very important. Agree with high impact isn’t what you want to be doing. 5-10 minutes of around 80% ( or less. Could be 50%) sprints up hills really builds glutes , which is good after a hip replacement. Also it really builds up that ROM. I am not a Dr either but my surgeon tells me not to be that cautious . Just don’t pound it for long durations and not often if I feel the need.
One hip revision in,
just never notice it’s there. I read the horror stories regarding revisions too, a lot depends on the surgeon. But if don’t really want a 3rd one. Today’s implants can last a real long time. Surgery is getting better too
I have two, one 15 years ago, one 4 years ago, both done via the anterior procedure. This changed my life and gave me back my golf game.

Back
Top Bottom