"Saving" lounge chairs at a beach or pool

Is it appropriate to "save" chairs at a beach or pool?

• No, it is rude to other guests

Votes: 73 68.2%
  • Yes, first come first serve

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Other... please explain

Votes: 14 13.1%

• Total voters
And I'm certainly not touching people's personal items.
Personal items include an iPad and a purse. I agree.

But if it a resort towel and a pocketbook from the exchange, then off to the pool shack it goes. These people are just selfish. I dislike selfish behaviour even if they justify it by claiming that everybody does it! Yes everybody does a lot of antisocial things.

Fortunately for my wife, I am not a sun-tanner. So the odds of this happening is low but once in a while it happens.

after 7 pages, I'm just thankful that I don't have to travel to go on vacation - geez!

It gets less appealing every time. We were at a pretty nice hotel one night and massive door slamming and loud talking out in the hall for like an hour at 1 AM. I finally poke my head out and see people in fancy type wedding clothes and say, It's really late and you guys are making a lot of noise.One gal looks at me says "Well, this is a hotel." I respond, "Yes that's right and people are trying to sleep." Stuff like this takes a lot of the fun out of traveling...

If there aren't enough chairs for everyone then it's first come first served. Don't expect to show up mid day and get a chair if everyone else got up and got one at 8am. It's similar to cutting a line. You don't get to come in late and take someone else's spot.

As was said earlier in the thread, how are you cutting in line if they left a pair of shoes in the ticket line and left to have dinner, they would be lucky to ever see their shoes again!! If there is a hotel towel on a chair and no one around for over 30 minutes, I assume the chair is abandoned and they were rude and left a towel for the hotel to clean up. I may even be nice and put the towel in the dirty towel bin (if there is one) before I move to take the chair for my use.

It gets less appealing every time. We were at a pretty nice hotel one night and massive door slamming and loud talking out in the hall for like an hour at 1 AM. I finally poke my head out and see people in fancy type wedding clothes and say, It's really late and you guys are making a lot of noise.One gal looks at me says "Well, this is a hotel." I respond, "Yes that's right and people are trying to sleep." Stuff like this takes a lot of the fun out of traveling...

I agree. The noise at hotels is often excessive. I don't just let it go anymore though. I will call the manager and if that doesn't work then i'll call the police. At that time of night it is a noise ordinance violation at minimum and possibly disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace. If you do nothing, they will just keep doing it.

"Can't we all just get along" Rodney King philosopher circa 1991. Obviously Rodney spent no time on a cruise ship or resort.

if there is a hotel towel on a chair and no one around for over 30 minutes, i assume the chair is abandoned and they were rude and left a towel for the hotel to clean up. I may even be nice and put the towel in the dirty towel bin (if there is one) before i move to take the chair for my use.

:D

If I came back and my chair was taken and I knew who took it, I would take it back by any amount of force that was necessary. If you end up in the hospital and I end up in jail, so be it. Don't touch other peoples things.

No, blocking a chair from 7am to 2pm is not okay but you don't fix a wrong by committing a greater one. Inform the hotel manager and let them decide what to do with their chair.

So, sending someone to the hospital is not committing a greater wrong?

If I came back and my chair was taken and I knew who took it, I would take it back by any amount of force that was necessary. If you end up in the hospital and I end up in jail, so be it. Don't touch other peoples things.

One day you might be the one who ends up in the hospital. And after your recovery you can start a thread on how awful the medical care was in whatever country you were in when you decided to pick a fight over a hotel beach chair that you left unattended for 3 hours but somehow thought that you still "owned" it... :D

Your chair that you brought from your home is your chair. The hotel chair is for guests to use as needed, and is not for people to "save" for hours on end just because they think they are special or more important.

Remember...it's not always about you.

You would think it is fun until someone pulls out an Uzi and starts to spray lead. :nonono:

I am not spending money to go on a vacation to catch a stray bullet. Heck, I have my own swimming pool, which I just spent 45 minutes this morning to clean and to backwash the filter.

This is one of a few "hot button" debates on the Cruise Critic board along with dress code issues:)

Breaking news;

Resort locked down after gun violence erupts over lounge chairs. 3 killed, 5 wounded, full story at 6

We were down at a Mexican resort a couple of months ago. The first few days, there were a shortage of chairs and cabanas as people hoarded them. Fine. I just waited for a couple of days, and when the sunburned hoarders retreated to their rooms, we had our pick.

Behind the following photo is the large swimming pool, and at the time I took this photo, empty chairs galore. My wife was out all day in the shade of the cabana, and she got sunburned from just the indirect reflected rays.

In Samurai Japan, everybody got real polite because everybody had a knife or sword that could kill you.

In Samurai Japan, everybody got real polite because everybody had a knife or sword that could kill you.

Wait! I thought only samurais had swords. Peasants no. Samurais could lop off peasants' heads as they pleased. Peasants were not stupid to get samurais' pool chairs (if they had swimming pool then).

Hmmm - I'm wondering if that's how the French politesse got going as all the aristocracy routinely carried swords - also in England and the rest of Europe.

Hmmm - I'm wondering if that's how the French politesse got going as all the aristocracy routinely carried swords - also in England and the rest of Europe.

Again, no. Only knights and aristocrats had swords and knew how to use them.

It's only until the French revolution that peasants discovered that their pitch forks were also efficient, and they were already well trained with them. The peasants defeated the Swiss royal guards this way. :cool: Woman peasants too. :whistle:

Eight pages about saving chairs at the beach or pool :confused::confused: Some people need to get a life.

What ya mean?

This is a luxury that only ERs can indulge in.

And what are you doing in this thread anyway?

This is no longer about chairs.

It has escalated to fisticuffs, jail, hospital stays, and is now at firearms and sword play.

You stole my chair, I'm gonna slice you into sushi - :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom