Scheduled for shoulder surgery

Even if you don’t have full recovery, it doesn’t mean you couldn’t travel some. I am 3.5 months out from my surgery and I’m going on a short trip, my first plane ride since surgery, in a few days. And we are going to Australia for 2 months in December. I’m going to bring my resistance bands with me and keep doing my PT while on the road.

Yeah I have a window from March to mid-July and figure I'll be ready for that. But my earlier trips I want and need to be active, hence waiting till after those. Was also buying time hoping this tear would calm down, go back in its pram, but doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree it's the last-resort, and so does my Ortho doc. He's far from pushing, but I've done enough research on mine to know there's only one path with this one. I'm 53 so not gonna just deal with it forever.

Heck, I have not had shoulder surgery (no shoulder issues at all) and I can't do that!

Thanks for my morning chuckle!

I admit that I haven’t stopped doing some of my PT exercises since I got back to 100% range of motion because I never want to lose my shoulders again.

Yeah I have a window from March to mid-July and figure I'll be ready for that. But my earlier trips I want and need to be active, hence waiting till after those. Was also buying time hoping this tear would calm down, go back in its pram, but doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree it's the last-resort, and so does my Ortho doc. He's far from pushing, but I've done enough research on mine to know there's only one path with this one. I'm 53 so not gonna just deal with it forever.

Also you will recover more easily the younger you do the surgery. Best wishes for a successful outcome!

Back
Top Bottom