Schwab offers $500 for opening new brokerage accounts

euro

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have been consolidating some holdings and ran across this offer that might be of interest to someone in the market for moving IRAs or other funds. $500 offer requires 100k deposit. Less cash for smaller deposits.

I know Fido sometimes runs offers like that, but currently, all they have is a bunch of free trades, not straight cash.

DW just got $600 from FIDO for moving 250K into her IRA there from another brokerage.

Edit: Oops, I see that's no longer available. Sorry.

I have been consolidating some holdings and ran across this offer that might be of interest to someone in the market for moving IRAs or other funds. $500 offer requires 100k deposit. Less cash for smaller deposits.

I know Fido sometimes runs offers like that, but currently, all they have is a bunch of free trades, not straight cash.

Schwab investor schecking comes with a no foreign transaction fee ATM/debit card with reimbursed ATM fees also. Nice perk. Requires Schwab brokerage account to open.

DW just got $600 from FIDO for moving 250K into her IRA there from another brokerage.

Edit: Oops, I see that's no longer available. Sorry.

Yes, I wish I had caught that....

I got a 1099- for a free toaster from the bank. i wound up paying half the value of the free gift in taxes.

Last edited:

For me, those free trade offers are better than cash, as I do a lot of multi-leg options trades. A year ago I moved 50K from VG to Fido and saved nearly $1,000 in commissions. In a few days I will be eligible to do another one, so I will move another 50K over and get another 300 free trades.

Back
Top Bottom