Scott Adams on management/succcess/leadership

But lately I've been feeling another bullshit bubble forming in the world. And I don't mean only the financial markets, which are sketchy for lots of reasons. It's just a feeling, but it seems to me that the management/success/leadership bullshit bubble is once again reaching full inflation.

Are you feeling the bubble too, or is it just me?
Scott Adams Blog: Management/Success/Leadership: Mostly Bullshit 03/12/2013
bs-detector.png
Indubitably.

Tyro​

I tend to think this applies to almost any industry.
And 100% agree that overall planetary BS bubble does seem to be forming. And when that bubbles pressure is released, it means we'll all be shat upon.

Bless Scott Adams!

He got Steve Jobs' character right, too.

Interesting article but I think too cynical and fails to appreciate the real talent of real leaders. I don't go for all the charisma nonsense, leaders come in many forms, but real leaders matter.

We get to witness leadership experiments everyday when a leader is changed out. Many times I've seen well run organizations that produce great results get crushed when the new guy leading hasn't a clue about how to lead or isn't aligned with the culture inside an organization. Similarly, I've seen poorly performing organizations whipped into shape by a good leader who helps create a robust culture along the way.

My $0.02.

The article reminds me of all of the 1990's soup of the day management programs that came and went with a wimper. Back then Scott Adams and his Dilbert character were a much needed dose of reality to bring some sanity to an insane period. Excuse me now while I go see if you moved my cheese.

Last edited:
LOL - good read. Just retired and this reminded me why. Too many good points to quote, my favorite was:

Every time a new business book became a best seller, middle managers across the globe scurried to buy a copy and started spewing its jargon

If I never hear the terms six-sigma, lean and agile again I will be a happy camper. I was doing agile long before it had a name. Now we have a whole department of people just to guide the masses on this new idea.

I know everyone says it, but Scott Adams nailed corporate America perfectly. And the funny part was that everywhere in my company, people had Dilbert cartoons up (including me). And yet....the silliness of what we do keeps on going. Sort of like looking at your self in the mirror and then saying "Hahaha - good thing I dont look like that!"

......Scott Adams nailed corporate America perfectly. And the funny part was that everywhere in my company, people had Dilbert cartoons up (including me). And yet....the silliness of what we do keeps on going. Sort of like looking at your self in the mirror and then saying "Hahaha - good thing I dont look like that!"

LMAO!!
And it ain't just corporate America, but gov't & most not-for-profits too.

Back
Top Bottom