Screaming Paris Hilton sent back to jail

Thats the funny part. That she was released shows bias. Nobody else would have been sent home after 3 days because jail made them sad.
You are mistaken. See linked article - according to the LA Times report, the average time served since July of 2002, by non-violent offenders for a similar sentence in LA County jails is 4 days.

The Times' analysis of jail releases found that more than 60% of those with cases similar to Hilton's walked free after serving less than half their time. Under the department's current guidelines, Hilton probably would have served even less time. Most nonviolent female offenders sentenced to less than 90 days are released immediately.

Alright, you've changed my mind. Its perfectly okay to drive drunk and when caught, keep driving on your suspended license...probably still drunk...and get off with a minimal sentence.

Did the LA times work up the data to show what the average sentence was for someone who got caught multiple times driving on a suspended license, who also signed a document noting that they shouldnt be doing it and would do jail time if caught again?

Did the 'return to jail' stats include people released prematurely in defiance of a court order?

Oh dear...I have no choice but...

Attachments

• dilbert.JPG
    dilbert.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 1
Oh dear...I have no choice but...
Yeah, you were out to get Martha Stewart too, you [insert Godwin's Law here].

I think the title of the Dilbert cartoon is "Constructive Confrontation"!

OK, time to start dinner.

Martha should still be in jail ;) Now who was her defender....? Oh yeah, JG...

Thats it, you finished off the thread...

Martha should still be in jail ;) Now who was her defender....? Oh yeah, JG...
Thats it, you finished off the thread...
No, you just forced it in a different direction!

We haven't heard from JG for several months on Raddr's board, library computer or otherwise, while Paris Hilton has been unable to drive as much as she'd like. I've never ever seen the two of them in public at the same time. Do you suppose he's been driving back & forth between his Heartland "home" and his secret heiress identity in LA?

Whew, alert the media...

Now for the judge's side of the story:
An otherwise unassuming career jurist, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michael T. Sauer found himself thrust into semi-celebrity last week when he sentenced Paris Hilton to jail.

Hilton and her spokespeople have since decried the 45-day sentence as unfairly harsh and out of step with her crime of repeatedly driving with a suspended license. Bloggers and celebrity watchers across the country have weighed in, alternately criticizing the ruling and applauding Sauer for standing up to Hilton's reckless ways and consequence-free lifestyle.
Full article: Unfazed by his judgment of Paris - Los Angeles Times

Back
Top Bottom