Seeking next FAANG stocks

As for watching for the second one in each space .. instead of Apple > Blackberry, what about Apple > Tesla (for vertical integration)?

Tesla is a huge company that runs like a small one. Red tape? Not sure they can even spell red tape. They are nimble and have quickly improved... well, everything... and still are.

Vertical Integration: Factories, cars, huge charging network that is growing weekly, their own chip, their own AI, their own batteries, solar, power wall +++

They are at least 6 years ahead of the OEM's and several years ahead of the latest EV manufacturers on the market. They have a tremendous following. I don't own a Tesla but I'm seeing an increasing number of them on the road where I live (which is not in California).

But they are not just a car company, they are an energy company. Save some sort of accounting atrocity, this is a "next FAANG" or better. Just my opinion and I've put my money where my mouth is. :)

Tesla. Tesla, Nvidia and Domino's Pizza have actually outperformed Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google in the last 10 years. Tesla is just getting started, don't miss out!

But they are not just a car company, they are an energy company. Save some sort of accounting atrocity, this is a "next FAANG" or better. Just my opinion and I've put my money where my mouth is. :)

So like ENRON...

The number of companies on the stock exchange is shrinking. China now has more on the S&P 500 than American (something like 124 to 121). Successful companies are bigger than in the past.

I don't see any of the current FAANG shrinking, and I don't see the market expanding enough to hold another market cap equal to the FAANG.

So I don't see any more mega-companies (until after the Depression).

Tesla. Tesla, Nvidia and Domino's Pizza have actually outperformed Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google in the last 10 years. Tesla is just getting started, don't miss out!
I made only my third individual stock trade ever today by placing an order for 5 shares of TSLA. I had to open a brokerage account to do it! This is pure speculation with my thinking being that, on Monday, I will have 25 shares of TSLA. I had too much money sitting in cash anyway :)

I believe that Tesla has the same "golden halo" around it that Apple has worn for decades. They can stumble, but their fans will stay loyal. And there is a shift towards green energy/cars so my nearly uninformed opinion is that I like their future. Much more so at least than that of my own Megacorp. I cannot understand how our stock remains where it is after 3 straight losing quarters.

Good for you! Happy to hear someone willing to invest. Been trying to get some coworkers to open an account and put a toe in the water. Now that you own some Tesla, I hope you will look into the company some more and see the full potential. It will make you feel better about your investment...unless it's just a "trade" for you. Good news is coming....possible they will join the S and P 500 soon and "mind-blowing" news, according to Elon Musk, on battery day Sept 22. The stock price has gone up by a whopping multiple of about 100x since IPO ten years ago. Imagine, now that they are becoming profitable, how the next ten years might pan out.

Good for you! Happy to hear someone willing to invest. Been trying to get some coworkers to open an account and put a toe in the water. Now that you own some Tesla, I hope you will look into the company some more and see the full potential. It will make you feel better about your investment...unless it's just a "trade" for you. Good news is coming....possible they will join the S and P 500 soon and "mind-blowing" news, according to Elon Musk, on battery day Sept 22. The stock price has gone up by a whopping multiple of about 100x since IPO ten years ago. Imagine, now that they are becoming profitable, how the next ten years might pan out.

Tesla is shooting up crazy in the past month but I am still reluctant to buy it due to the true product in relation to the stock price, I am afraid the stock is being pumped due to "hope of something great". Tell me I am wrong.

I used my "play money" and got some Apple shares and waiting for the split in 8/31. Also entertained some covid stocks, its risky though.

Plastics. Put everything into plastics and get in on the ground floor.

Of course, I missed out on Facebook, Netflix, Amazon, and Google, so what do I know? I recognized ahead of time that all of them (except Facebook) had major futures, but I thought they were all too expensive at IPO time.
This has certainly been an issue for me too. Maybe, after just spending nearly $10k for a lousy 5 shares, I will look at IPO prices differently in the future :)

I am even more convinced SpaceX will be the stock of the century. Google has something like 10% I believe, which eventually could become more valuable than search.

Tesla has gone up by over a multiple of 9x in the past year alone. I guess it depends on whether you are "trading" the stock or "investing" in the stock for the longer term. But, you really need to do research into the company, not just the fundamentals, since it is a high growth company, but the future growth potential. Tesla is not just a car company and has a lot going on involving future technology. I'm sure there are many buying short term to make a profit, but if you do the research, you may find (or not) that this company is poised to continue growing beyond most investors imaginations. Do your own due diligence and invest with your own conviction. Do lots of research. Listen and learn about the company as much as you can. That goes for any company you wish to put your hard earned money into.

I missed out on Amazon five years ago (10x since then) because the fundamentals didn't look right and I didn't understand that they were putting all the profit back into scaling the business for growth. I knew instinctively that they had a great business that had so much potential. I wasn't going to miss out on the next stock I felt that way about, Tesla.

If we still believe in a company, we don't have to continue to "miss out". If it's a great company, it's still going to grow in value. The hard part is deciding where to jump in at.

Last edited:
So like ENRON...

Tesla is nothing like Enron; I believe it's a good opportunity even now and even if it has an enormous pullback in the future for whatever reason I won't be selling.

I don't see any of the current FAANG shrinking, and I don't see the market expanding enough to hold another market cap equal to the FAANG.

Agreed, there is still a lot of money to be made with FAANG although I refuse to buy FB just because I'm not a user or fan of Facebook. :)

So I don't see any more mega-companies (until after the Depression).

You're assuming there is going to be a depression? Maybe, maybe not. But if there is, that will just be renewed opportunity to get in on SAAS / FAANG at better buying points.

How about clean energy stocks. A Biden win would help a lot there I guess.

One idea is BEP. It pays almost a 4% dividend. Not quite a tech play though.

Brookfield Renewable Partners

Brookfield Renewable Partners (NYSE:BEP) is one of the world's largest publicly traded renewable energy companies. It operates a global, multi-technology platform, which includes hydroelectric, wind, and solar energy generation facilities, as well as energy storage assets.

Brookfield sells the bulk of the power it produces under long-term, fixed-rate power purchase agreements (PPAs). Those contracts provide it with stable cash flow, which it uses to pay an attractive dividend and invest in expanding its portfolio. The company also boasts a strong balance sheet with one of the highest investment-grade bond ratings in the renewable energy sector, along with lots of liquidity -- cash and available credit -- to help finance growth. In Brookfield's view, it has the financial capacity to invest $4 billion into expanding its renewable energy portfolio through 2024, with a focus on new solar energy developments. These investments should power enough robust cash flow growth to support 5% to 9% yearly increases in its dividend.

By leveraging its strong financial profile to expand its solar energy platform, Brookfield should have the power to continue producing strong investment returns in the coming years.

source: https://www.fool.com/investing/stock-market/market-sectors/energy/renewable-energy-stocks/

TSLA et all need sources of lithium for the batteries. Buy the lithium miners. And in the US, a huge potential mining source is being blocked by the usual environmental squad -- there is some rare plant growing in the area.

Environmentalists suffer from a lot of cognitive dissonance - they want batteries, but don't want the material required to make them to be mined.

Pipelines, especially natural gas. Hugely undervalued now, and all those future electric cars will need power, which the solar and wind sources will not be providing for decades. Additionally, the old coal power plants are being replaced with natural gas plants.
Hurry though, Buffett is sniffing around in the industry.

The trick is in your staying power & commitment & a bit of vision. How many people bought Apple, Google & Amazon, etc Then when it shot up quickly or fell dramatically sold believing they could buy it back lower or were afraid they would lose whatever gain they had. Apple is a monster but how many people sold off this past March after its big drop only to see it practically double.The same could be said for all of them, numerous times, over the past 10 years.

Got some shares of Zoom afew days ago, wow, it went $100 up in one day.

Also got some shares of Paypale, it also going up steadily.

These are Covid related stocks, not sure if they are long term players.

Back
Top Bottom