Semi retired with an independent contract

klec

Dryer sheet wannabe
I found this site by accident and it looks interesting. I’m definitely retirement age, but have an active agreement in place that has served me well. I’m an avid golfer … 5 to 6 times a week. But my other hobby for the last dozen or so years has been managing and growing my investments. As I got closer to retirement age I was drawn to dividend paying stocks and funds. The goal was to generate enough to replace prior years income. It took more discipline than I thought I had, but it’s done! I’m here because I’m simply interested in topics that I may not have given enough thought to, or if I can share anything worthwhile.

Ken
Nashville area

Welcome, this forum is a great place to learn and share.

Welcome to the forum, I assume your contract work is a part-time deal? As long as you like the job, and can still do what you want it is fine to keep working on the side. Retirement is about doing what you want to do, not what you have to do.

Welcome to the forum, I assume your contract work is a part-time deal? As long as you like the job, and can still do what you want it is fine to keep working on the side. Retirement is about doing what you want to do, not what you have to do.
Yeah, very part time! No reason to cancel it.

Congratulations on your ability to slow down in life and get in 5-6 games of golf weekly.

I never could get my slice straightened out, therefore I had to go to other interests. We do enjoy living on the same street as two Robert Trent Jones 18 hole courses playing 8,050 yards from the back tees. And we have RTJ's first golf course across the lake from us within eyesight. They're incredibly beautiful courses.

Welcome to the forum. There are a bunch of people on here with varied interests, and they often really know what they're talking about.

Back
Top Bottom