Sharing 23 years of Frugal Retirement

Condolences. I appreciated his eloquently written posts. He wrote them with the enthusiasm of a recent Early retiree as well. Peace.

My condolences. Your father shared and provided valuable information that many here appreciated.

I am shocked by this news. If I am not mistaken, his latest post was just a few weeks ago. I liked his post of real experience that is really helpful.

I so hope his son is reading all these messages so he can see how loved and respected his dad was.

Of course! I'm so thrilled at all of the responses! I'm sure my dad is grinning from ear to ear. Thank you all so much for your thoughts and condolences. I've passed on the link to this thread to the rest of our family so they can all get a glimpse of another part of his life. So many of the things he wrote about were subjects he discussed with us regularly. I hope this site lasts forever so I can always come back to dad for his timeless advice.

I'm sorry for your loss. I will miss your dad's posts and his candor in discussing life and the issues we all face as we move through our retirements. He made my life richer in many ways.

My condolences to you and your family. I'm really sorry to hear about your Dad... I read/lurk much more than post here, and his thoughts/musings were always some of my favorites. He will be missed by many.

Very sorry to hear this. Your dad certainly lived a long, full life, and he imparted a lot of wisdom to the members of this forum, including me. Thanks for letting us know.

I just now saw the update.

I am so sorry to hear of your dad's passing. Like many others, I always enjoyed his posts. Something about his "online voice" and sense of humor reminds me of my favorite uncle every time I read one of his posts.

He will be missed.

Just the other day I came across a thread in which imoldernu had commented and attached a link to reference information. The post was pertinent to my current situation even though the original thread originated several years ago. So here we are after imoldernu's death and he's still helping us.

I've heard it said that you die twice... once at the end of our lives as we know them, and the second and final time when your name is said out loud for the last time. With that in mind, imoldernu will "live" a long-long time on this forum.

Last edited:
Just found out today. Condolences. IMOLDERNU will be missed! I'm feeling profoundly sad, now...

I guess my dad's estimate of his time on this earth was almost correct. I am very sorry to say that imoldernu passed last week from acute myeloid leukemia. He was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago. I knew of his interest for this website and the members here. I've also been on forums with active members who "suddenly" disappear. I didn't want his inactivity to be misunderstood.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with him.

Add me to this long list of condolences. It took me quite some time to catch on to his login name which was clever. I will miss imoldernu.

He definitely will be missed. I hope his family will enjoy reading his posts for years to come!

Wishing peace to all older or not!

Also just saw the post from Imoldernu's son. Thank you Audreyh1 for sharing the link on another thread.

I've wondered where he had gone to.

When I was a newbie on this forum, I quickly learned to watch for his posts. He will be missed.

Thank you for updating the thread. I missed imoldernu’s passing last February. I always enjoyed his conversation and insights on the forum. He will be missed. My deepest condolences.

Here is the message from his son regarding his passing.

I guess my dad's estimate of his time on this earth was almost correct. I am very sorry to say that imoldernu passed last week from acute myeloid leukemia. He was only diagnosed 4 weeks ago. I knew of his interest for this website and the members here. I've also been on forums with active members who "suddenly" disappear. I didn't want his inactivity to be misunderstood.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts with him.

Last edited:
I miss imoldernu and his insightful comments. I bet he would have some excellent comments to make about the Covid-19 situation.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I missed this post weeks ago. What wisdom and a life well lived. RIP

I saw it months ago, but didn’t comment. Did a search for something today and there he was, with great advice. RIP and know that you are well remembered by many and will be for a long time.

Back
Top Bottom