Shhh! There Was a World Series Tonight

easysurfer

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just watched the World Series.

The post game interview was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

It's always an odd feeling when the road team wins at the home team's ball park.

Oh..the game did have some good moments too.

Yes KC was really hoping the magic returned. It did, they got beat by a better team. Hats off to the Giants even if I'm a Royals fan. Drove by the K every work day for 29 years.

Madison Bumgarner is certainly a very talented pitcher. That guy is something special to watch. Wonder when his contact comes up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Party's on around AT&T Park in San Francisco! People are driving into the city to celebrate. It looks like Monday morning rush hour out there.

Well you can't get much closer than this was. The seventh and final game, score was 3 to 2 in the bottom of the ninth with the tying run on third base and the winning run batting. The season, the game and championship all rested on that final swing of the bat. A homerun at that point and it would have been all over except the Royals would have won.

Bumgarner deserved the MVP award.

Hey Canada has won it a couple of times. But still I think you might be right...

Well you can't get much closer than this was. The seventh and final game, score was 3 to 2 in the bottom of the ninth with the tying run on third base and the winning run batting. The season, the game and championship all rested on that final swing of the bat. A homerun at that point and it would have been all over except the Royals would have won.

Bumgarner deserved the MVP award.

True, and the winning run was scored on a bloop single. That double play early in the game where the KC player slid into first was the play of the game.

I missed it. Which country won?:)

If you want a world series gotta go with Little League. Even that is slightly wrong as the US, as host, always gets a spot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

And the Rangers were worse. I don't like to quit but maybe Texas should give up on baseball....

Last edited:
I'm a long time Giants fan since the days of Mays, McCovey, Marashall, etc. It is nice to watch them win but I struggle to avoid the angst associated with having some "mental skin" in the game. After all, I'm supposed to be a rational guy but those emotions are pretty strong aren't they.

It's much easier for me to watch a game where I'm not a fan of either team. And why should I feel connected to a team of guys that gets $3.3M pay (Major league average) or probably better? They are good athletes but let's face it, this is all about the money weirdness around "entertainment value".

Hats off to the KC fans. Those guys played really well. In the end it's more about the dynamics within the game then the final score ... for me.

Back
Top Bottom