Short term money

Did you complain up the chain? They are pretty good about responding to emails to HQ. That stinks, man!

Laurence said:
Did you complain up the chain? They are pretty good about responding to emails to HQ. That stinks, man!

No, I held my grudge in silence. I don't think I finished opening the package for a year or two after that. It occurred to me that any higher level of employee would probably go ahead and do it for relations, but I'm more of a grudge-holder than a complainer. I'm not saying that's smart or makes sense, that's just the way I am.

Spanky said:
MJ,
Can this be a new revenue stream?
Spanky

Didn't make much money when I was good and you could make a living, 35 years ago.

But you never know? Maybe my neighbors will pay me not to practice ;)

BigMoneyJim said:
No, I held my grudge in silence. I don't think I finished opening the package for a year or two after that. It occurred to me that any higher level of employee would probably go ahead and do it for relations, but I'm more of a grudge-holder than a complainer. I'm not saying that's smart or makes sense, that's just the way I am.
Jim,

That's unfortunate and a mis-opportunity for the store. My daughter is the same way. She sat on massage chair at a BrookStone at a mall. The sales representative inpolitely told her to get off. Since then, she has never stepped foot on any of the Brookstone store.

Spanky

World Savings Bank is offering a 13 month CD at 4.01%. This looks like a good place for short term cash.

I've heard that if you already have an account, they offer the same rate on a 7 month CD.

http://www.worldsavings.com/

JB said:
World Savings Bank is offering a 13 month CD at 4.01%.  This looks like a good place for short term cash.

I've heard that if you already have an account, they offer the same rate on a 7 month CD.

http://www.worldsavings.com/

I used them for all the years I was in Texas, then they kind of dropped off the radar. Sounds like they are back.

JG

JB said:
World Savings Bank is offering a 13 month CD at 4.01%. This looks like a good place for short term cash.

for short term, corus bank is still the best!
6 months 3.83 %
12 months 4.11 %

http://www.corusbank.com/

MJ,

6 month CD at 3.83% is a good rate. However, I stay with Vanguard tax-exempt money market at 2.46% (equivalent to 3.42% at marginal tax of 28%.

Spanky

Permanently Redeployed said:
for short term, corus bank is still the best!

Spanky,

I agree 2.46% tax free is darn good. I should have said, still the best "FDIC" insured.

Alfalfa

Permanently Redeployed said:
Spanky,

I agree 2.46% tax free is darn good. I should have said, still the best "FDIC" insured.

Alfalfa

Hay Alfalfa! I get 7% tax-free. How about that? And no one is
separating the wheat from the chaff. I keep it all.

JG

Just dont mess with Mickey, he'll take you out for italian food and forget he left his gun in the restaurant.

You're only getting 7% because you're not making enough money to pay taxes.

And if you're not filing jointly with your wife, you're probably just costing her a higher tax payment to make your earnings tax free.

So the 'tax free' comment isnt exactly kosher now, is it?

th said:
Just dont mess with Mickey, he'll take you out for italian food and forget he left his gun in the restaurant.

You're only getting 7% because you're not making enough money to pay taxes.

And if you're not filing jointly with your wife, you're probably just costing her a higher tax payment to make your earnings tax free.

So the 'tax free' comment isnt exactly kosher now, is it?

Kosher? Well, I don't know. You got it pretty much right but my post
was literally true. Anyway, now that you've explained it all I don't need to.

Thank you.

JG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom