So far, so good.

67walkon

Recycles dryer sheets
2d week of not working. The adjustment has been.....no adjustment at all. There are still a few loose ends. Went to the office yesterday for a while to tie up some of the loose ends. Somebody is already in my old corner office with the nice view. Don't miss it at all. We're going away for at least 7 or 8 weeks, leaving sometime next week. My days have been full getting things done around the house.

Did I mention I'm not missing the office at all?

And, happy days, we sold an inherited piece of property last year & have paper losses that mean we get back all the income taxes paid in 2012. America is a great country! Thank you IRS!

2d week of not working. The adjustment has been.....no adjustment at all. There are still a few loose ends. Went to the office yesterday for a while to tie up some of the loose ends. Somebody is already in my old corner office with the nice view. Don't miss it at all. We're going away for at least 7 or 8 weeks, leaving sometime next week. My days have been full getting things done around the house.

Did I mention I'm not missing the office at all?

And, happy days, we sold an inherited piece of property last year & have paper losses that mean we get back all the income taxes paid in 2012. America is a great country! Thank you IRS!

i've been retired since march 1. still feels like i'm on vacation

i've been retired since march 1. still feels like i'm on vacation

I've been retired for 4 months and it still feels like vacation. I am going on vacation next week (to Maui). I wonder what that will feel like?

:LOL:

2d week of not working. The adjustment has been.....no adjustment at all. There are still a few loose ends. Went to the office yesterday for a while to tie up some of the loose ends. Somebody is already in my old corner office with the nice view. Don't miss it at all.

Wow, and I thought MY adjustment went smoothly! It did, but if I had seen my office taken over by somebody else right after I retired like that, I might have dissolved into a quivering mass of tears and ambivalence.

You're doing wonderfully!

W2R said:
Wow, and I thought MY adjustment went smoothly! It did, but if I had seen my office taken over by somebody else right after I retired like that, I might have dissolved into a quivering mass of tears and ambivalence.

You're doing wonderfully!

The talk of offices made me chuckle. When I was the boss, I let my assistant have the nice office and I took the crappy one. When I came back to visit, he was not happy. He told me he got moved into my office and my replacement took the good one.

I can remember after college graduation having final exam nightmares for some time afterward. Hopefully, that doesn't happen when retiring and having workmares:LOL:. Enjoy your days and upcoming travels!

Congrats on your decision and your successful adjustment. I ERed on 1 Feb and have had no problems. I love being able to manage my own day! I still have some work nightmares that wake me up in a cold sweat, but a quick shot of bourbon alleviates that stress:)

The talk of offices made me chuckle. When I was the boss, I let my assistant have the nice office and I took the crappy one. When I came back to visit, he was not happy. He told me he got moved into my office and my replacement took the good one.

It made me laugh too thinking about how I progressed over the years from "no office at all" to a corner office.

Just curious how you were able to get all of your taxes back:confused:

Unless you had a lot of cap gains you paid all of your taxes on.... the loss would not have been taken all at once...

congrats on the freedom...

Oh... as far as the office or big cube.... where I used to work at mega, when people left they usually would come back just to see who had gotten their office... It was not always the person they thought....

When I decided to switch to working part time after having my children, they took away my nice window office and gave me a crummy inside office. I hung big pictures of my children on the wall where the window would have been and told everyone that I would rather see my children than views of the parking lot anyway.

6.5 years, 6.5 years, 6.5 years ...

Congrats. Sounds like things are going well. Enjoy your well-earned new life!

Office thing also made me chuckle....mine was turned into a conference room. Fitting given how many meetings I sat through in that place.

Congratulations ! Sounds like you are well on your way to enjoying your new life ! 7 weeks being away is going to be interesting. Can't wait for you to post and let us know what THAT feels like !

For me, the first 3 months or so felt more like a vacation than a retirement. Something about going back to the office as a "retiree" was helpful - I did that once and don't plan on going anymore unless one of my few friends there leaves. As time goes by, the j*b seems more and more like a memory.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom