So which investing websites do you frequent?

LRAO

Recycles dryer sheets
Just wondering what websites people here are getting their info/inputs from.

Thanks.

Bogle Financial Markets Research Center

Efficient Frontier (Bernstein)

Yahoo finance and others (none special) when noted in a forum thread.

Scott Burns of the Dallas Morning News a distant third.

Those of you using fool.com, are you going there for the published articles or the discussion forums? Are you paying fees, using the free stuff or comped? I'm curious because I don't pay for the board access and think their article content changed aims radically--in a bad way--around the time they went subscription-based. So I've hardly been there since being locked out of the boards 3 or so years ago.

I'm comfortable with my simple collection of mutual funds, so I don't do much investment reading these days. I have index and fund quotes from Yahoo Finance and sometimes read linked "news" items from there or articles linked here at this board.

BigMoneyJim,

I pay for a subscription but I never read their articles, only the message boards. I found tips on the Living Below Your Means board that have saved me enough money to pay for a life time of subscriptions. There are about 8 boards that I read regularly.

-helen

BigMoneyJim,

I pay for a subscription but I never read their articles, only the message boards.  I found tips on the Living Below Your Means board that have saved me enough money to pay for a life time of subscriptions.  There are about 8 boards that I read regularly.

-helen
If you are looking for info about LBYM and you don't want to pay a fee:

http://www.simpleliving.net/forums/

These people can squeeze a dime out of a turnip and they're pretty friendly.

If you are looking for info about LBYM and you don't want to pay a fee:

http://www.simpleliving.net/forums/

These people can squeeze a dime out of a turnip and they're pretty friendly.

There are a number of goofy things to wade through on that site however. Such as saving corks from wine bottles to make a bulletin board.

There are a number of goofy things to wade through on that site however.  

Yeah, but we have JohnGalt! :D Hope he's enjoying his vacation.

Judy

Laughing on the wine bottle cork bulletin board. :D

My husband made a bulletin board (above the computer as I type) and a hot plate with wine corks and some frames that he bought. These are the only "craft" projects that he has every attempted. I wasn't nearly as excited about the results as he was!

I didn't get that far on the site, but does anyone have other uses for wine corks. I can't bear throwing them out. I've got 3 wine boxes full of them. It seems that in a few years there won't be real cork in any wine.

Thanks,
K. B. Sharkstooth

We own a flatulent Labrador Retriever. We discussed
today the possibility of using wine corks. Will report
back if this is successful.

JG

I didn't get that far on the site, but does anyone have other uses for wine corks. I can't bear throwing them out. I've got 3 wine boxes full of them. It seems that in a few years there won't be real cork in any wine.
You could put them in future wine bottles for nostalgia.

My dad's wife made hot pads/trivets out of them for setting hot serving dishes on.

You could lash them together to build a raft to live on!

www.efmoody.com

He's not much for sugarcoating anything.  Pretty straightforward.  
Thanks for the link, bow-tie. I browsed a couple of passages and tried out the search engine. I thought it was pretty good stuff. :)

The wine corks didn't work. One was expelled with
such force that my wife's Jack Russell was knocked unconscious :)

JG

Back
Top Bottom