Solid CD rate at Navy Federal

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
For anyone eligible, Navy Federal is running a CD special of 2% for 20 months. This is limited to $20k per member, but it is way above market.

They also do a special rate of 3% on a 12 month CD but it has a $3,000 limit.

And they require a direct deposit to get the special rate. The 2% for 20 month deal is no strings attached.

And they require a direct deposit to get the special rate. The 2% for 20 month deal is no strings attached.

Thanks for posting info on 20 month cd. I had seem 12 month deal but it had strings attached.. The 20 month looks appealing.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

I never noticed the direct deposit thing. However, it didn't matter because I have direct deposit with NFCU. I've renewed this offer twice. I guess I'll be out of luck when I retire in three weeks and no longer have direct deposit from employer.

Thanks Brewer
This CD special is new and has an interesting wrinkle, you can start with only$20 and add more at any time (subject to 20k max). That works great for me but too bad it s not available as an IRA.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

I contacted NFCU today on another matter so while I had a CSR on the line I asked how long this special CD rate would last and she stated "we hope it runs at least through the month of August". I decided to not take any chances so I opened a small certificate to preserve the rate and I will bump up the deposit when another certificate matures.

Thanks....opened a $20k CD today. Have also taken advantage of the 3% CD in the past. Just wish it was t such a low max allowed.

Not sure what they mean by 20k max balance. If the interest brings the balance over 20k does the excess still earn 2%?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom