Some random thoughts about life and retirement as we age

Happy Birthday W2R. You are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure to many others here.

Reactions: W2R
Happy Birthday! You gave me something to look forward to. I also appreciated the self-acutalizer post from Frayne. I hope i can strive to that as well. Thanks

Happy b'day and congrats on aging so gracefully! I share your passion for exercise/fitness and living simply, which for me as well includes not traveling. I love how comfortable you are in your own skin and your life---not everyone can say that. Your posts always have so much wisdom that show you don't just talk the talk...and that you are deeply content with your life.

Happy Birthday, and may every day feel this Happy !!!

I agree that PE is essential to a continuing good health. Three of my work friends, just turned 70 this year. I hang on the phone thinking, Geeze it was only yesterday we worked great projects together. They CAN"T be 70.

Time passes us too quickly, Hope you have many many Happy B-Days

Happy birthday! and thank you for a very thoughtful and honest post. I look forward to your future anniversary posts. I still have the training wheels on my bicycle of life (62 1/2) but I sure enjoy reading about such a positive outlook. Thank you!

Always enjoy your thoughts W2R. Thanks for sharing and Happy Birthday.

Having just joined the ranks of ER I am just getting started at 56. Just the other day a friend of ours passed away in the night from a massive heart attack. Every time something like that happens, especially now more so than before, I will know that I did the right thing by retiring. Even though I took the leap a little sooner than many would have been comfortable with I know that it will work out in the end. Getting back into shape and living a healthier life is one of the most important things that I want to do now. Happy birthday W2R and I wish you many more.

Happy Birthday and thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

When I was a kid, if I went to her and whined that I was bored, she would give me tedious, exhausting chores to do. So, I learned quickly never to whine about being bored, but instead to look for something interesting on my own. I still have that skill. I always have a few activities in the back of my mind, that would be interesting if/when I have time for them.

Happy Birthday! Thank you very much for sharing and explaining. Your experiences and wisdom are appreciated. (My mother had the same tactic. Whatever I anticipate in my future retirement years, boredom is not one of my worries.)

Happy Birthday to a thoughtful, caring and intelligent person and of course - many, many more!

Happy Birthday!

Very much appreciated your insightful commentary.

Your youthful outlook is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

W2R, Happy Birthday to you. Glad you are enjoying your retirement. Thanks for sharing it with us all too. Always good to read your posts. Keep em coming. :flowers:

Happy Birthday W2R!!

It sounds like you are living life just the way you want and enjoying it immensely. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

Happy Birthday from another June 8th baby as well! 41 today....where does the time go?!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, W2R. IMHO your post is a nice counterpart to the angst some people feel leaving their careers, when they wonder what identity they will have after they stop working. You expressed very eloquently what I believe--that retirement can be a time when your true essence emerges.
:)

Happy Birthday and sending you wishes for continued happy years!!!

Anyone whose byline quote comes from Moby-Dick is close to my heart. Happy Birthday and thanks for your upbeat, generous attitude!

Good post. I turn 65 in August and have been retired for 8 years. Like you I improved my health - lost weight, lift weights, ride bikes and feel better than I have in decades. But I like to travel and have a big part of my portfolio set aside to cover a few trips every year. I haven't yet met an age milestone that bothered me and don't anticipate being bothered by 65.

Back
Top Bottom