Speakerphone for cell phone

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We cut the landline cord years ago and my DW and I rely on our iPhones and Consumer Cellular (love it!).

Iphone is a pain when needing to multitask.. like being on with tech support or customer service and needing to look up something or write something down. The speakerphone in the iPhone sucks...so

we just received a Philips WeCall Bluetooth speakerphone. 8 hours on a charge (via usb). Highly portable.. can play music, podcasts etc as well as phone. 4 microphones...volume up/down, mute.. crystal clear! Awesome product. Not cheap at $149, but worth it or us..

Attachments

• IMG_1772.JPG
    IMG_1772.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 111
Great idea! We have a bluetooth speaker I use to play podcasts or news and occasionally music and it says it will work as a speakerphone but I've never tried it. Time for an experiment!

We cut the landline cord as well. But we still use our landline handsets with Google Voice and an Obi100, which is totally free after $35 one-time cost of the Obi device. So we still have access to great speakerphone quality and other familiar features of our legacy handsets where mobile phones typically fall short. More importantly, we don't pay for mobile minutes when we're at home. With the increased popularity of pay-as-you-go MVNOs (we use Ting), the case for VoIP is rising.

hunh. I just stick my Nokia 520 in an empty glass laying on it's side...

I have a BT speaker. I will have to try it for a telecon on my iPhone. I have VOIP for landline phone now using Smart Jack but I hooked it up to my house wiring and get a bit of static on the lines so the speaker phone sucks.

I dropped the landline and have this bluetooth adapter to connect the house wirring to my cell phone. The old landline set has a speaker function.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom