stll experimenting with hdr photography

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
we have been playing around using high dynamic range photography... went to bushkill falls in pa and tried some new pics. the images are actually 3 exposures combined into 1 very wide range picture which can capture full highlights and shadows , something digital cameras just cant do yet on their own. some can be quite painting like if you so desire.

Picasa Web Albums - marilyn - BUSHKILL-LACA...

I keep meaning to try this. It's pretty cool. Nice pics.

Could you post a sample or two with the 3 original shots? I'd like to see what each looked like.

Offhand, most of those shots don't look like high contrast to me. The main advantage of hdr is to capture the brights w/o washing out, and the shadows w/o losing everything to black. You also get some noise reduction (in signal processing lingo, the picture is correlated information in all three, while the noise/grain is non-correlated) with hdr.

Thanks for putting this back on my radar screen.

-ERD50

Ill post the 3 origionals tonight..... even low contrast work nice, they give you that prime time just before sunset color saturation

Good worth mathjak. I'm digging the bridge shot especially.

What do you use? Photoshop CS2/CS3 or something else? I've been a fan of Photomatix myself.

good Worth Mathjak. I'm Digging The Bridge Shot Especially.

What Do You Use? Photoshop Cs2/cs3 Or Something Else? I've Been A Fan Of Photomatix Myself.

I Like Photomatix

heres the 3 exposures that make up the final hdr picture. note how even at the normal exposure the sky couldnt be captured without being white and blown out....

Picasa Web Albums - marilyn - HDR DEMO

Yes, I see now. Very nice. I guess the hdr did it's job - it made me *think* there was not so much contrast there.

Very cool - ERD50

Back
Top Bottom