Stock Picking (Beat Boho) Contest - V2.0

Boho,

Did you try clicking on the "Show Max" button before trying to trade or try again later? I had to wait about 20 - 30 mins the other day on two buys.

Right now the max is 2841 which is more than 10x what I needed. I don't know what it was earlier. I'll remember "Show Max" next time I trade.

Yeah, I realized my trades didn't happen because I set them as market orders expecting to get them at the open. Zero trade volume at the open meant the trades were cancelled. So now I'll just wait until near the end of the trading day to put in orders so the volume will be there.

I knew Spudd would think I needed paper but actually rock breaks potato.

Looks like some jockeying for position going on with you with a slight lead over Spudd at the moment.

I like how the ranking at Investopdia shows the current rank and the previous rank. As of current rank, I'm smack dab in the middle :).

Last edited:

Looks like there will be several lead changes by several traders along the way. But the top 5 from yesterday stayed on the top 5, though shuffled around in positions :).

:ROFLMAO:

I realized yesterday I hadn't gotten around to trading half my portfolio so I fixed that, we'll see if it gets me anything!

I just realized my two trades bounced even using the max. function. So most of the portfolio is still in cash.

grmbl

I just bought BURL because it was especially low for unknown, probably randomish reasons while having decent prospects and it's my first stock of this game that I didn't day trade, but if I did I could have made $3,927.40 (.79%) at the close. I already have my sell order in for a certain price.

Not much jockeying for change in positions today. Though notice the big difference in values between top and bottom of leaderboard. As of current rank, I'm at position 8 of 12. Just as I planned :(.

Something like half the players got bull awards for having over 75% stock. I guess I'm one of the conservative investors in this competition. No awards for me yet.

Just wanted to let you guys know I joined the game a few days ago. I'm not that active on the forums but will try to be from here on out. Looking forward to having some fun and learning new things.

Just wanted to let you guys know I joined the game a few days ago. I'm not that active on the forums but will try to be from here on out. Looking forward to having some fun and learning new things.

Welcome aboard!

This is the time of day/night when I usually check for trading opportunities for real life and this contest, but with the stuff in the news, I'm glad I'm holding significant cash and I think I'll keep it that way. Eventually I'll look at VDC's holdings (consumer staples) and weed out the retail stores and the sin stocks and buy about 10 of the remaining individual stocks.

Last edited:
This is the time of day/night when I usually check for trading opportunities for real life and this contest, but with the stuff in the news, I'm glad I'm holding significant cash and I think I'll keep it that way. Eventually I'll look at VDC's holdings (consumer staples) and weed out the retail stores and the sin stocks and buy about 10 of the remaining individual stocks.

As for me, I'm buying today no matter what as I don't pay attention to outside news but just follow my system :).

Last edited:
I don't know about you guys and gals, but my play money portfolio is doing quite well today. ��

I gained a little. I'll still be #2 in the morning.

I don't know about you guys and gals, but my play money portfolio is doing quite well today. ��

Same. +$34,118.00(2.12 %) today. Coming back slowly from the terrible start I had on this contest.

Only about +$2800 for me and will be slipping towards to bottom tomorrow. I'm not worried though. I really don't think I'll be at the bottom for too long :).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom