Stop appending "Sent from my ..." Question

GravitySucks

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not sure how but last week I had to log back in to this site on my phone using the app. Ever since I've been having "Sent from my LM-Q850 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app" appended to my posts. How can I turn this off?

Sent from my LM-Q850 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Have you checked the signature line in the app?

Not sure how but last week I had to log back in to this site on my phone using the app. Ever since I've been having "Sent from my LM-Q850 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app" appended to my posts. How can I turn this off?

This is a setting in Tapatalk (enabled by default). From another website:

Follow the little arrows at the upper left corner of your app's screen, until you left the board and are in your own menu. At the upper right, there's a person icon - click it.
Choose "settings".
Choose "signature".
Disable the signature, or at least remove the sentence about your phone.

Not sure as I don’t have LG or the ER app but:
Press Menu button on your phone then settings pops up
click settings
scroll down to "tapatalk Signature"
click
select NONE

Last edited:
Nope. Never found settings on the app. ...

Well, there's your problem.

People are telling you to find the setting and turn it off. If you can't find the setting, you can't tun it off.

Focus on finding the setting. Why are you not able to find it, what *are* you doing (you gave no details).

People can't help you unless you try to meet them half-way. Troubleshooting from afar is not easy.

-ERD50

Odd. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. As soon as I did the Settings icon was where it should be.

Odd. I had to uninstall and reinstall the app. As soon as I did the Settings icon was where it should be.

Glad to hear it.
My first reaction when an app is misbehaving is to reboot the device it's on. Most of the time that fixes it.

But if it doesn't, my second step is to delete the app, download a fresh copy and reinstall it. That almost always fixes it.

Third step is to call tech support, but we all know how that generally goes. :facepalm:

Thanks.
It was strange that the app had crashed than restarted then this happened - wondered if anyone else had that happen.

:clap:

A little modification to the following:

Glad to hear it.
My first reaction when an app is misbehaving is to reboot the device it's on. Most of the time that fixes it.

But if it doesn't, my second step is to delete the app, download a fresh copy and reinstall it. That almost always fixes it.

Third step is to do a search on-line, or post the problem if a solution isn't found - that often provides a solution.

[-]Third step[/-] Last step is to call tech support, but we all know how that generally goes. :facepalm:

Glad to hear it.

Third step is to call tech support, but we all know how that generally goes. :facepalm:

Sounds like tach support when I used to work. They would always suggest choice #1.

Sounds like tech support when I used to work. They would always suggest choice #1.

"Is it plugged in?"

"I can't tell. The power is off in the building so it's too dark to see the plug."

Back
Top Bottom