Stop Using Toilet Paper

Wonder what the breakeven is for a Bidet, drip dry of course. If wanting a blow (heh, heh -here is the opening for the imagainative) dry with hot air, it will drive up the operating costs.

edit: oops, just saw Frayne's Formula.

Payback for bidet vs TP is calculated as; BMs per day times cost of squares used per wipe times 365 days of the year, divided by cost and installation of said bidet.

For some here at the ER forum, payback would no doubt be less than a year.

Your mileage may vary though depending on diet.

Yes, but what about operating costs of said bidet? What is the water volume per use? Is the water heated?

Yes, but what about operating costs of said bidet? What is the water volume per use? Is the water heated?

Water cost of a bidet vs a regular flush are proportional, don't ask me how I know this.

As far as electrical costs, I'll have to pull a number out of my posterior.

If you would like, I can conjure up a formula for those so inclined, it won't be firecalc based unless you consume spicy rich foods.

I will only do this if the mods promise me an archive and link to this all important thread.

If you would like, I can conjure up a formula for those so inclined, it won't be firecalc based unless you consume spicy rich foods.

I will only do this if the mods promise me an archive and link to this all important thread.

I just need to know the safe withdrawal rate.

(PS--Frayne, you're KILLING me on this thread:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

My father, who grew up on a farm in rural Illinois, used to tell me about the rules for the outhouse. There were both red and white corncobs available. You were supposed to use a red one, then you could use a white one to see if you needed another red one.

Eventually, I got to check his story out with his mother. Her reply was to snort, saying "Nonsense! That's what the Sears catalog was for."

She also disabused me about Dad's tales of bringing lard sandwiches to school, although his claim of walking three miles each way to a one-room schoolhouse proved to be accurate, much to this city kid's amazement.

If you start making a stink about archiving your posts, this thread will get flushed for sure.

There is no safe withdrawal rate my dear Bestwifeever !

Payback for bidet vs TP cost per year is calculated as; BMs per day times cost of squares used per wipe times 365 days of the year, divided by cost and installation of said bidet.

P= Ppd or Poops per day
Q= cost per sheet(s) of TP per poop
s= 365 days of the year
Y= cost and installation of said bidet

P*Q*s/Y= Payback in years*

• Assuming water consumption for each flush and bidet wash are equal. This is strictly an empirical observation !
This is why minding your Ps and Qs are so important !

I need to get a life.

I'm almost afraid to look at the posts on this thread - for fear of laughing myself to death!

You people are just too much! My wife had to ask me what's so funny.

I don't understand how you folks can be so wasteful and use multiple sheets when one works perfectly well. From "The Boy Scout Manual":

1. Tear out a small hole in the center of one the sheet of toilet paper.
2. Retain the removed piece for future use
3. Insert finger of choice into the hole
4. Clean the affected area thoroughly
5. Remove the sheet from your finger, using it to wipe finger clean
6. Use the remaining small piece to clean fingernail.

Note: This is also known as digital cleansing. The analog method is really rough, especially if you forget to remove the bark...

Last edited:
There is no safe withdrawal rate my dear Bestwifeever !

Payback for bidet vs TP cost per year is calculated as; BMs per day times cost of squares used per wipe times 365 days of the year, divided by cost and installation of said bidet.

P= Ppd or Poops per day
Q= cost per sheet(s) of TP per poop
s= 365 days of the year
Y= cost and installation of said bidet

P*Q*s/Y= Payback in years*

• Assuming water consumption for each flush and bidet wash are equal. This is strictly an empirical observation !
This is why minding your Ps and Qs are so important !

I need to get a life.

What about the consistency of the poop? Was it seedy, rocky or liquid? Explosive? Colo(u)r: Yellow, green, pale? How many diapers?

I have been hanging out with nurses for WAYYY too long.....right Moe?

Too difficult to calculate coefficients for the different variations of, oh well never mind.

And to think people thought we didn't know our **** !

Somebody just shoot me, please.

About time for the Starship Enterprise thread shift?

You know, "circling Uranus, looking for Klingons."

Well, they'll definitely end up as either #1 or #2 in the bowl...:whistle:

I'm just hoping they don't get flushed down the bowl, like Michigan and Michigan State did this past weekend ! Big Ten teams don't have a good record against SEC teams.

I'm just hoping they don't get flushed down the bowl, like Michigan and Michigan State did this past weekend ! Big Ten teams don't have a good record against SEC teams.

Yeah, some of these matchups don't look good on paper...:whistle:

TP is a luxury I think we can afford.

Back
Top Bottom