Sudden Unexplained Coma

Neurologist was just in and said according to the EEG she should be awake and talking, but of course she is not. They are running some more auto-immune tests and waiting....

Well that's just what your family wanted to hear...a real medical mystery...

Focus on the positive she can clearly understand if she can squeeze the hand.

The hand squeeze is VERY encouraging ... hoping for a good outcome soon!

She's awake! They've turned the vent off and if her oxygen levels remain at a good level they will remove in 30 minutes. She has tried to talk but can't due to the tubes. So amazing! Still groggy, but awake and aware.

Thank goodness and let's hope they can come up with some answers and if necessary some treatment for her.

That is so great. We are all hanging unto all your updates. You made my day.

Praise God! I’m so happy for you and your family!

Wow that is amazing! Do keep us updated on the outcome and initial progress, if you can.

Well, they can't remove the vent just yet. She stopped breathing twice so they are going to try again later today. BUT, her sister is there and she wrote a note to her and said "If you need to leave, I'll be OK"! So the brain is definitely working.

All positive signs and God is Good.

That is wonderful. I am another one who keep checking this thread for updates on her. I am so happy that she is awake and that she is able to write a note.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Such a scary thing, but hopefully she will make a full recovery.

OMG, that's truly wondrous and amazing! :dance:

So thrilled for her and all of you, too.

Please keep us posted.

omni

Well, they can't remove the vent just yet. She stopped breathing twice so they are going to try again later today. BUT, her sister is there and she wrote a note to her and said "If you need to leave, I'll be OK"! So the brain is definitely working.

Holy moly she wrote a note, and told her sister she could leave:confused: Miraculous!

So thankful that things are moving in a positive direction!

Wow! It seems like recovery must be happening, I am very glad,

Ha

Wonderful news! Sounds like she has turned a corner. Hoping for a full recovery.

What a positive development! So glad to hear that she was able to write a note.

She's awake! They've turned the vent off and if her oxygen levels remain at a good level they will remove in 30 minutes. She has tried to talk but can't due to the tubes. So amazing! Still groggy, but awake and aware.
That is wonderful news. Also read about her writing a note.
:flowers:

So happy to hear the positive news. She is going to have a story to tell as soon as she can talk. I hope the doctors can figure out what happened and how to treat it. This must be such a relief for all. Hoping for more good news soon.

That’s wonderful news. Thank you for keeping us updated.

:clap: :dance: WOW!!! This is great news. So happy for you and your family. :D

It is great news....

But if this were me I would still want to know what caused it so whatever it is can be fixed if possible...

Not knowing would drive me crazy....

It is great news....

But if this were me I would still want to know what caused it so whatever it is can be fixed if possible...

Not knowing would drive me crazy....
Oh yeah. We definitely want some answers. I just hope they figure it out and not just shrug their shoulders and say "Oh well. She's OK now".

Back
Top Bottom