suggestions for a "new" used car

Get a small 2-seat sports car and have some fun!

I wish!!! I haven't seen any cute little sporty car like that have good safety ratings. Guess I'd have to give up my cautious nature completely to go that route. Just not there yet!

The forward collision detection feature is part of the rating system I linked to earlier, but not sure about the other two features. I know the Scion iA has a rear view camera feature. Not sure about the blind spot warning. Will check. Going to see first one tomorrow. Thanks!
By now if you buy a used 2016 you will in all likley hood get a rear vision camera as these are becoming standard in all vehicles They will be required in all new vehicles sold after may 2018.

Ditto. In fact, I loved my VW's but my wallet did not.

I have a 2010 GTI since it had 15K (Now at 85K) and have had extremely low running costs. Most expensive repair to date has been a set of new tires at 50,000 miles for $1K (Michelins), and next after that was a new set of rear brakes at 80K for $325. Continually surprised by Americans poor impression of VWs. In Germany, VW is thought of as on par with Honda.

I can put anything in it, get 30mpg, and it's more fun to drive that the WRX i used to own

Love this car!

I have a 2010 GTI since it had 15K (Now at 85K) and have had extremely low running costs. Most expensive repair to date has been a set of new tires at 50,000 miles for $1K (Michelins), and next after that was a new set of rear brakes at 80K for $325. Continually surprised by Americans poor impression of VWs. In Germany, VW is thought of as on par with Honda.

I can put anything in it, get 30mpg, and it's more fun to drive that the WRX i used to own

Love this car!

My 2003 Jetta TDI has 304,000 miles on it and it is running great. Original engine (no serious maintenance, just oil/filter/etc), original 5 speed transmission, a few sets of brake pads and rotors, one cat, three or four sets of tires. This year I replaced the vacuum hoses, put in a new thermostat, and replaced the timing belt and water pump.

She's good for the next 100 K miles, and it's tight as a drum, gets 45 MPG and has no rattles. All electronics work (windows, locks, heated seats, HD radio, bluetooth, etc).

Update!

I FINALLY decided on a "new" used car!

We purchased a 2015 Honda Civic, and I LOVE it!

It met the following parameters:

1) very high safety rating
2) very reliable with regards to repairs (Consumer Reports)
3) narrow enough that I can park it in my garage

It also has a back up camera and lots of space. Yippee!

Thanks to all for the input and suggestions!

Congrats on the car.

Seems like the vast majority of cars these days are either white, silver or black. Where did all the colors and creativity go? :confused:

+1 Eventually colors will come back in style, and suddenly today's hoards of neutral color vehicles will look very dated.

Back
Top Bottom