Summer's coming..

Here in the Pacific Northwet, it was 58 yesterday, 8 degrees below average. So far in May we have had only 3 days without measurable precip, and we have consistently been 6-8 degrees below average. This, after the coldest April in 126 years of recorded data.

My back grass is black from spraying moss killer, but its so wet you can't rake out the moss. I need three dry days in a row so I can mow. It might be 62 tomorrow......

The gas company here is making record profits because everyone still has their heat running.

Well, got to get it in gear and get my walk in.....supposed to start raining at one pm.

Here in the Pacific Northwet, it was 58 yesterday, 8 degrees below average. So far in May we have had only 3 days without measurable precip, and we have consistently been 6-8 degrees below average. This, after the coldest April in 126 years of recorded data.

My back grass is black from spraying moss killer, but its so wet you can't rake out the moss. I need three dry days in a row so I can mow. It might be 62 tomorrow......

The gas company here is making record profits because everyone still has their heat running.

Well, got to get it in gear and get my walk in.....supposed to start raining at one pm.
I'm visiting family in Westchester Co NY. We got rained on pretty well at my niece's graduation, and it's been very warm and pretty humid here the last several days...it's quite a shock to the system to come here from Seattle where the newspaper headlines when I left last week were "Will Today be the Day [we finally top 70 degrees]? It's fun to visit family but I'm looking forward to returning to the Pacific NW climate. After almost 30 years in Washington I've mostly lost my ability to cope with high temperatures, especially when it doesn't cool off much at night.

Well, at 6:45 this morning it was 72.9 in the house and 74 outside - so I shut up the place for the day. That black dead moss thing is just so darn familiar - should be back up and freezing and soggy in 10 days or so.... I sure like sleeping cool though..

I think we moved to the Pacific Northwest when we weren't paying attention. Turned the heat back on Thursday when indoor temp fell to >60 (high of 42 outside), rain every single day.... But like weather everywhere, wait a day and it'll hit 80-90 here in Chicago.

Summer is here in Ill - tons of yard work to do. I noticed I had 2 pics taken from the same point - 1 in winter during the 2011 "blizzard" - and another taken today after hard day of yard work.

winter.jpg

summer.jpg
Great pics! You have a nice place, summer or winter.

Ha

It got really nice around noon yesterday, I left to visit my friend about 3:30. By the time I got to her place about 3:45, it had clouded over and started to get chilly. I had promised some halibut which I bought in the ID in the morning, but forgot and left at home in my fridge. So I told her I would walk down to QFC which had new run sockeye @ $15 (or $5.99 if you could take the whole fish). Left her place at 5, cloudy, half block later it was raining like crazy and pretty breezy too, so I popped my umbrella which waS hard to keep from inverting. Rained until I got home 45 minutes later, then got sunny again for a few hours before dark.

I am beyond caring. The main thing I like is that we don't lose ourselves or our friends to tornados or hurricanes. It is horrible what is happening to people all around the country from rogue weather.

Ha

Here in Hong Kong temperature is between 88 deg (in the afternoon) and 75 deg (at night/early morning). Humidity is high - feels like you are always half towelled dry after a shower. However, inside most offices and shopping complexes the temperature is quite chilly due to Hong Kong's uncomfortably cold air conditioning setting - explains why ladies carry a shawl or scarf around during summer. Pollution is at its worst. Thankfully my home faces the sea and I get a good natural air circulation and I don't have to commute to work anymore.

Yesterday, was our third dry day in a row, so I was able to get the mower through the mush in the back even though I left these awful tracks. I then raked moss in the front.
Filled one barrel, and called it a day. Still too wet to rake in the back. Guess we need to move to Alaska.....will be 81 in Fairbanks today. 73 in Juneau. We are expecting 61 and rain for the next four days. Might be over 70 on Sat., but you can never count on these forcasts.....

90F in the shade right now, bright sunshine. :D
No push mowing or weedwhacking is planned for today. :nonono:

Our little window 8000 BTU AC unit is cranking out just enough cool air to keep the living room at 72. Fans are reversed and distributing the air around 3 adjacent upstairs rooms very nicely.

Summer is here in Ill - tons of yard work to do. I noticed I had 2 pics taken from the same point - 1 in winter during the 2011 "blizzard" - and another taken today after hard day of yard work.

summer.jpg

Is that a med I see?:) I would love to live on a lake one day.

I played 9 holes this morning and not only does it feel like summer, it feels like late summer. Temps suppose to be near 100 today. :blink: Looks like it's going to be a long hot summer.

Mom moved to the Tampa Bay area last October after living in Seattle for about 70 years. The lack of rain and the abundance of sunshine has her a little homesick. We read her the Seattle weather report a few days ago and the high was going to be 56 which is a lot lower than our recent lows. She brightened up a bit! :cool:

I played 9 holes this morning and not only does it feel like summer, it feels like late summer. Temps suppose to be near 100 today. :blink: Looks like it's going to be a long hot summer.

It officially reached 100 today in New Orleans, and 98 out at the airport in Kenner. Both of these broke records, and it was hot, hot, hot! We haven't had much if any rain lately to break the heat, either.

It officially reached 100 today in New Orleans, and 98 out at the airport in Kenner. Both of these broke records, and it was hot, hot, hot! We haven't had much if any rain lately to break the heat, either.
Just like living in TX - but with a lot better food!

Sunshine? Heat? Humidity? :confused::confused::confused:

It's been so long since we've seen that in Vancouver that they have been relegated to the status of "myth", like the easter bunny and "global warming".

We are seriously thinking of heading for Hawaii for a few days, just to dry out.

Sigh......

Nui <----- planning to grow gills and a fur pelt if it doesn't warm up soon

Ah, summertime in California. Hail, thunderstorms yesterday with a high of 56 here. Ah, but there's the weekend. A balmy 62 for the high, punctuated with 1-2 inches of liquid sunshine!

DW is planning to go to Hawaii so she can see the rumored and legendary daystar.

We are seriously thinking of heading for Hawaii for a few days, just to dry out.
In my kitchen right now (Thu 2:30pm), the humidity is 66% (24 h. low 62% high 78%), and the temperature is 81F. (24 h. low 75F. high 82F.). It's overcast. It rained a little last night.

Dawg52 said:

Yes - you have keen eyesight - that is a med - a homebrewed german kolsch. You better stock up on meds if your temps near 100 - you don't want to get dehydrated.

It's 96 degrees here at 6pm. Today was a scorcher but the tornadoes seem to have decided to leave us alone for a while. Summer is definitely here! I know there are people on these forums who deal with much worse/longer heat and humidity than we do up here in Illinois but we still need to adapt.

Still, I remember when I joined up with e-r.org back in February, the freezing cold, biting wind, ridiculous snowfalls that kept coming, and ice storms made it seem like summer would never come.

Never say never ;)

Forecast is for 95 with presumably high humidity as it was yesterday. Going for a bike ride this morning, but I still prefer that to this:

Attachments

• Snow-2010-02-12-001.jpg
    Snow-2010-02-12-001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 4
It's 96 degrees here at 6pm. Today was a scorcher but the tornadoes seem to have decided to leave us alone for a while. Summer is definitely here! I know there are people on these forums who deal with much worse/longer heat and humidity than we do up here in Illinois but we still need to adapt.

Still, I remember when I joined up with e-r.org back in February, the freezing cold, biting wind, ridiculous snowfalls that kept coming, and ice storms made it seem like summer would never come.

Never say never ;)

It was 94 and humid here in Wisconsin on tuesday. Summer is here. I wish it were summer all year. Not that 94 is comfortable but it's much better than any day during the 7 months of winter.

Played golf this morning and it actually felt like a normal summer day. It's 90 right now, but in the 80's when I played. Even had a nice breeze. :)

I don't think I could deal with this kind of weather. When I was young living in upper southeast, it wasn't nearly so hot, but even that was hard to bear.

IMO, there are may places in the US that can be comfortable, but they are all either in the Rockies or west of them. And try to stay clear of those blizzards in Colorado and Wyoming and Montana. :)

Ha

Back
Top Bottom