Summertime in North America

Thanks so much for all the ideas. Really appreciate everyone sharing.

I am familiar with Ottawa...but these other places definitely interest me. My "nature" travel is quite limited (city aficionado here) so for what it's worth, that entire stretch from Jasper to Banff was the most amazing thing I can recall. Definitely get there when you can!

I have lived most of my life in Eastern Ontario (including Kingston), so I can answer any questions that you may have, if necessary.

I'll answer you: let's say $3000/month for 2 bedrooms and really anything that anyone would consider beautiful is something I like...ie, any large body of water, mountains, national parks or city skyline lol.

But I'll repeat that I want to hear all suggestions that anyone considers affordable as I'd rather hear too many options than have one slip through the cracks. Also, when I ask for "affordable" recommendations I'm pretty much just trying to steer clear of "overpriced" destinations, so I'd be willing to go well above the $3k number if it is genuinely worth it, not simply expensive because it's where massive numbers of people are used to going for many years.

How is Santa Fe's climate in the summer? It is very intriguing.

Santa Fe is at a fairly high elevation so summers are not too hot. There are mountains nearby for outdoor recreation as well as a busy arts and crafts scene.

I would also look at the Hudson River Valley in NY state. Summers maybe a bit muggy.

$3K may be a little tight but Santa Cruz or Santa Barbara (my personal favorite) are nice coastal towns. Same with La Jolla, CA. If you like wine country you can try the Santa Ynez Valley or Temecula regions. Or Paso Robles. Lake Tahoe or Mammoth Lakes as well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom