Sunday Night Terrors

When I need to know what day of the week it is I almost always have to look at the newspaper, phone, or computer depending on where I am.

I've been retired for 13 years now and I still get some kind of "I'm at work" dream several times a month (but then I've always been a very active dreamer). I might be at work, or I might be getting ready to move to someplace else because that is where I've been hired/transferred. Often times in the dreams I've returned to work after retiring and and I'm getting ready to tell them that I'm finally going to retire for good at the end of the pay period. I hate the ones about trying to move between floors or in/out of the building and I realize I don't have my ID badge to get past security.

To balance that not a week goes by in which I don't think about how glad I am to be retired. Waking up on a dark morning when the rain is bucketing down and thinking "I don't have to get up and go out in that to go to work" is very satisfying!

cheers,
Michael

After being retired a few years, my mantra is "domani" I can do it tomorrow . . .

. . . . except for putting out the trash, that is!

Finally had a few non-w*rk dream nights.

People are mentioning the old college dream where you either skipped class, forgot you had the class, or whatever, and you find yourself in the final exam.

Well, my w*rk variant is I'm on a sales call with a co-w*rker. Here's the problem: I've NEVER done sales. What the heck? I wake up in a cold sweat on meeting the client, as I was about to ponder how and why I am suddenly on an important sales call. Weird.

My Sunday night terrors started about 1:00pm on Sundays. I managed a large organization and that is when I started prepping for Monday. Everyone is different, but they will go away with time. Although I must admit after seven years FIRE'd I do still have the occasional nightmare about the end of quarter etc... But it is wonderful to wake up and realize that that part of my life is over.

DH and I think about what freedom will feel like every Sunday evening. It's one of the more motivating factors for us to achieve ER.

Anyone else?

Yes, but an odd twist on it.... I do a lot of ocean activities (surfing mostly) but it is far less crowded during the week than weekends, so I now dedicate the weekend to yard and house chores. So I am still anxious to get everything done on the weekend, but only so I can play during the week. :)

Back
Top Bottom