Super Committee Opts to Whack Military People

Right now a future UT/A&M game couldn't occur until 2018, as neither have a shared vacancy in their non-conference schedule until then. There would have to be buyouts of existing commitments to make it happen before then.

However, I suppose they could face off in a bowl game before 2018. Sorry to see the rivalry end. I do like the Aggies, but they will now face much stiffer competition in my opinion. SEC rules, Geaux Tigers:dance:

It's about time we started cutting US military expenditures. The US spends more money than the next 17 countries spend on their military COMBINED. It's about time we stopped defending the rest of the world at our own expense.

I absolutely agree with this position!

We could start by closing all overseas military bases, bring all the troops home, and use them to guard our own borders. In my opinion we should not be the world's policeman. It's been 66 years since WWII ended and we are still dealing with the after effects.

I'm sure we will all be reading more of this stuff before the Nov 2012 elections. A full year of debating where the government cuts should come from.

Before we are done all the hot button issues will be aired.

I'm sure we will all be reading more of this stuff before the Nov 2012 elections. A full year of debating where the government cuts should come from.

Before we are done all the hot button issues will be aired.
Hopefully, not around here...

It's pretty easy, really.

All you have to do is raise everyone's taxes except mine. And all you have to do is slash all spending except the spending that benefits me. Any proposal that fails these tests is out to screw me and needs to be stopped, and "shared sacrifice" means shared by everyone else.

Last edited:

Attachments

• pig parade.jpg
    pig parade.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 78
  • bay of pigs.jpg
    bay of pigs.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 79
It's pretty easy, really.

All you have to do is raise everyone's taxes except mine. And all you have to do is slash all spending except the spending that benefits me. Any proposal that fails these tests is out to screw me and needs to be stopped, and "shared sacrifice" means shared by everyone else.
Exactly, that's how I'll be voting in Nov 2012. ;)

We could start by closing all overseas military bases, bring all the troops home, and use them to guard our own borders. In my opinion we should not be the world's policeman. It's been 66 years since WWII ended and we are still dealing with the after effects.
I agree that we've defended enough of the rest of the world for democracy, and I'd happily turn over large chunks of the defense budget over to the State Dept. for foreign aid & humanitarian assistance.

But when it comes to "guarding our own borders"... if there's gonna be a fight, then I'd much rather do the maneuvering & shooting on their territory than on ours.

But when it comes to "guarding our own borders"... if there's gonna be a fight, then I'd much rather do the maneuvering & shooting on their territory than on ours.
I was thinking more in the way of stopping illegal immigration. You're right I too would rather the fighting be elsewhere.

I was thinking more in the way of stopping illegal immigration.
I've always felt that's a posse comitatus issue for the National Guard.

I wonder how much money we spend on using the military to "prevent" illegal immigration-- and how many $$ per immigrant that works out to. Doesn't seem worth the expense to me, not that I have a better solution.

Combat and training accidents are bad enough-- I'd hate to have to write a letter to a family telling them that their loved one was lost while chasing coyotes & drug dealers.

Back
Top Bottom