Super Saver Shipping Filler for Amazon

I buy all my books on Amazon, USED, then turn around and resell them after we've both finished reading them. The net result is that I basically rent them for cheap, maybe a buck or two. We live in an unincorporated area and would have to pay $50/year to join the nearest library, and then we'd still face the problem of not being able to find half the books we want to read. This is a particular problem when reading through a series from an author.

Like I said, I am a prime member of Amazon and I am very happy that I became a prime member. If I need to buy something (not just books, but almost everything else), I go there before any place else. If it's a prime item, I know I can get it in two days with no shipping charge so that is a very good reason for me to order from them. I do go check out other sites for price comparison, but often times after the shipping/handling charge, it comes out about the same or Amazon being better. Even it the price is slightly better with non-Amazon, there is no guarantee of delivery in 2 days (2 days is often the case if the shipper is in the same state as you or in the adjacent state and they ship their stuff immediately, but that's just your hope... some places take time to just ship their stuff out.) unless you pay some hefty charge for it, so it's a no brainer to go with Amazon for me.

If it's not a prime item, the 2nd day shipping or free shipping is out the door, so then I do the normal price comparison with these items. Only upside to order via Amazon is for the reward points and that doesn't weigh heavy on my decision scale (If it is shipped from the Amazon facility, it's 3 points for a dollar worth of purchase; if it is shipped from a non-Amazon facility or go to Safeway and use your card then it's only 1 point for $1... or something like that. I think you get 2 points for gas purchases and some other things, but I am not sure on the 2 point thingy...) You get $25 Amazon gift certificate when the total reward amount reaches 2500 points.

I love it. I even bought their stocks a couple of years ago...

If it's a prime item, I know I can get it in two days with no shipping charge so that is a very good reason for me to order from them.

I'm amazed at how many things I order come in two days (three days is pretty typical), using the regular free shipping. They seem to have a lot of warehouses/suppliers in the midwest. If it is within 400-500 miles or so, I guess the "regular" way gets here pretty fast. There is no saving for them to do it any slower. If it comes from the coast, then we are often talking 5 days, or even a week.

I'm surprised how many people find the $79 annual fee a "good deal". Different strokes and all, but I'm usually able to plan my purchases out so that a few days in shipping makes no difference. I rarely upgrade, maybe once in two years?

Like you, I use Amazon a lot. I price compare almost everything, and they are almost always the best, or so darn close it isn't worth messing with. I also have the Visa through amazon, and get the 3% on amazon purchases.

Did you know that if you enter "amazon" along with your search item, only the amazon direct items show up? Then you know you can (usually) qualify for the free shipping and full 3%.

-ERD50

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom