Sweet, sweet deal

Congratulations Nui! Enjoy my tax dollars at work!

Adding my congratulations to the rest.

The full medical & dental benefits are really good, wish I had them.

So cool! They clearly appreciate you and this is a sweet, sweet way to ease into ER. Enjoy the fruits of your labor (and the nice ka-ching of those checks continuing to come in while you also get more time off to travel and engage in things that are meaningful to you)...

Congrats on that offer from your employer. Like someone else mentioned, I wonder how you will feel at the end of the summer when it's time to go back to w**k? Just kidding. You might be ready for a change by then. I'd love to have had a deal like that. Best wishes!

The deal makes sense. The organization was not prepared to replace you, and now can take time to find a replacement at much lower wage, and you bring them along. It sounds like there are significant stretches of time when the workload decreases, so it works in everyone's favor.

Congratulations.

Congratulations on the GREAT deal for semi-retirement. Also great affirmation of how much you are valued at your j*b.
This should give you a rely good feel for retirement, while adding some to the financial cushion (which never hurts).
Happy day!:dance:

Congratulations! That is a fantastic deal. Your boss obviously needs you badly to offer such an arrangement. Maybe I will try to get a similar deal, but I won't hold my breath.

Nuiloa...I also agree that's a great deal. Are you going to do that for just one year?

I don't know how long it will last.

My job is hard to define. I guess you could call it "manure spreader". The place is run by and for scientists and they can't be bothered (and sometimes I swear they don't understand), the never-ending bureaucratic garbage that we have to deal with to operate in both an academic and industrial setting. My job is to sort through the crap and try to keep the least amount of it from hitting the fan.

I also think I'm a comfort blanket - a known entity. I'm not irreplaceable by any means - it's just that new blankets are sometimes itchy.

So am I, dear. And we live in the same province, too!

Well heck then... considering the amount we both pay in taxes, i don't feel the least bit guilty about taking a chunk out of this particular pie.

Back
Top Bottom