Tankless Hot water heaters

TANKGIRL-00AA1-poster_full.jpg

wab said:
Don't we have any survivalists here?
Sorry, all our water-heating costs are payback now. In a few more years it'll be free.

I think the problem here is that you guys aren't taking enough showers at the beach. When I come crawling out of that 75-degree water it's good to know that a nice warm 85-degree shower awaits just a few feet from the longboard rack. If I want to use soap or shampoo I guess I could always go to the bathroom showers.

Our solar water system is still a big lifestyle change to remember to turn on the HOT faucet when you're rinsing the dishes, filling the coffeepot, or using just about any water.

Since we're talking about hot water heaters, just a heads up:

There are a series of tax breaks on energy improvements to your home that are available through the end of tax year 2007, and the best one IMO is the one for the water heater.   Apparently, there is a $300 credit (not a deduction) through the end of 07' if you install a new hot water heater before then.  You might want to check and see if there are minimum energy standards that it has to meet, but anyway, that's a really nice credit for a hot water heater since many of them dont even cost that much.    If you have one thats not even completely bad yet, it might be worth the credit just to replace it to get that money.

example:  If the total job, say, for a new 50 gallon hot water heater including install cost you $500, you could basically do it for $200 dollars counting the credit.

You can transfer "thank you" tips to my paypal account #38201.... just kidding. :D

Azanon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom