Tariff relief rally

What relief rally? Today, I lost a bit less than 2x the amount I gained yesterday.

Did not sell anything yesterday, not even any call options. Thought I would wait till today to write some covered calls, but nooo, I was greedy and the chance was gone. Now, I am just glad I did not buy anything.

This market is really treacherous. But this makes life interesting. :)

Last edited:
Ah, come on! Not even in your newsletter, available for $100/month subscription?
Well...for you...FAX me a $100 bill and I'll share what I [-]know[/-] guess.

If we forum members aren't ready for another hit as bad as, or worse than the Great Recession of 2008-2009, we never will be! We have been expecting it and preparing for it for such a very long time.

I expect it will be less than exciting if/when it hits. What an anticlimax. "The market dropped a billion percent? Ho hum, no big deal." :popcorn:

Sounds like Inversion yield is driving the bus and tariff issues are sitting in the front seat.

If we forum members aren't ready for another hit as bad as, or worse than the Great Recession of 2008-2009, we never will be! We have been expecting it and preparing for it for such a very long time.

I expect it will be less than exciting if/when it hits. What an anticlimax. "The market dropped a billion percent? Ho hum, no big deal." :popcorn:

One billion percent? Is that not excessive? :confused:

I thought just one hundred percent is enough to send us competing for a space under the highway overpasses. :)

Tariff postponement delay cancelation whatever may have done the same for rate hikes.

One billion percent? Is that not excessive? :confused:

I thought just one hundred percent is enough to send us competing for a space under the highway overpasses. :)

Not me! I am happy with my SS and "diet COLA" mini-pension, and could probably outlast any market crash just on that income as long as inflation doesn't get too bad.

If inflation hits hard or SS gets cut back at the same time as the market crash, then move over, I'll be there under the highway overpass with everybody else. :D

OMG, I just peeked and the Dow is down ANOTHER 500 already today. Here we go.... :eek:

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 28
Not me! I am happy with my SS and "diet COLA" mini-pension, and could probably outlast any market crash just on that income as long as inflation doesn't get too bad.

If inflation hits hard or SS gets cut back at the same time as the market crash, then move over, I'll be there under the highway overpass with everybody else. :D

OMG, I just peeked and the Dow is down ANOTHER 500 already today. Here we go.... :eek:
The axe just came down at medium corps c suite. Lots of hugs and goodbyes today. Lets hope the pheasants arent next.

The axe just came down at medium corps c suite. Lots of hugs and goodbyes today. Lets hope the pheasants arent next.
So sorry to read this, and I hope those affected at medium corps will be OK.

I have no idea but I wonder if it might be time for retirees to "batten down the hatches", as the saying goes, and hang on tight. We might be in for quite a ride.

As for the pheasants and peasants, I hope they all get through this ok too....

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    17 KB · Views: 154
I have no idea but I wonder if it might be time for retirees to "batten down the hatches", as the saying goes, and hang on tight. We might be in for quite a ride.

Most of us have had this ride before .Nobody started a lost a million thread so it is all good .

Back
Top Bottom