Test drive your dream job

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A student is going to shadow me in my job the last two weeks in May. So I have to go to work during that time period. :mad:

I am having a bit of a hard time thinking of a way to make law look interesting to her; especially because I have no hearings scheduled in that time period. I'll try to find someone going to court so she can tag along.

So if I am not around here much at the end of May, it is because I don't want her seeing me goof off at work. :)

Martha,

Just remember to teach her the magic question: Who are we billing for this? ;) Seriously, my daughter shadowed me for a day to do a class report. It was one of the toughest days of my life.

setab

Martha -- are you sure you WANT to "make the law look interesting to her?" Maybe that would do her more harm than good, if the stats on unhappy lawyers are any indication.

I invited my niece to "take your daughter to work" day at Megacorp a few years back. Attended various meetings, lectures, did a little computer work, got her a tee shirt and a little calculator, etc. etc.

At the end of the day she reported to her parents that "Aunt Caroline's job is boring."

Mission accomplished! ;-D

Caroline

Back
Top Bottom