The Anti-Primary

Who's your least favorite presidential candidate?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • John Edwards

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Bill Richardson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • John McKain

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 11 9.3%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
I won't vote for Clinton until she talks about specific fixes or plans- right now she is real good at blaming Bush for everything.

I also won't vote for a Baptist Minister. NO WAY, NO HOW.

Funny thing, I don't know how the New Hampshire primary came out. I wonder if I can continue in oblivion for the next few months?

If Hilary can do anything close to what her husband did relative to balancing the budget (Bill might help here), she would get my vote. She is also infinitely more qualified than most on foreign policies and behaviour. The US can't affort another dress rehearsal like GWB is still putting the American people through.:duh:

anyone who wants to be President is nuts.

Wanting to be president isn't nuts, but wanting to run for president is nuts. Anybody willing to design and spout sound-bites every day for years is mentally ill.

I've tried so hard to ignore the presidential race, but it's getting harder and harder. The media does such a good job of turning it into a big-league sporting event such as football, Olympics, or American Idol. We're in the playoffs now.

With the level of dislike of Hillary shown in this poll, it's clear to me that she wouldn't be a smart choice for the nominee.

When Bill Clinton was elected I told a co-worker that I thought he was dangerous. Not because I disagreed with his liberal policies but because he could not be trusted. He would tell the person he was talking to what ever they wanted to hear, and I believe that other National and International leaders would come to see this and not trust him either.

I see Hillary in the same light. I don't trust her. You are known by the company you keep.

However, let's put this thing in perspective. If you are conservative, the country survived Jimmy and Bill. If you are liberal, it survived George and Ronald. The press will whip us both into a froth, and in the end i.e. 8 yrs from now it will all start over again. We get excited about the wrong things. IMHO the President has only one real power. He appoints Federal Judges for Life! So, that's what I make my decision on. What type of Federal Judges will this or that person nominate. All else is just whipping the froth.

I heard the lady who questioned Hillary and prompted her to tear up on the tv this morning. She said she liked Hillary, but when Obama came in the room..well, he just radiates!
This woman is a MORON! What about the issues? If we go voting for the candidate who has the most personal charisma...well, isn't that how Hitler came to power as he was such an excellent speaker?
No one candidate has ever had everything I wanted, however, if you just pick the 2-3 issues that are most important to you then you can select better the candidate you want to vote for. Logical?
I, as a woman, was actually embarrassed by this woman's response as to why she supported Obama; but, unfortunately, that is the way many men and women both vote: who is the best speaker & who is the prettiest or most appealing physically. SAD! SAD! SAD!

I'm voting for....um, well, um...I don't know! Hopefully some candidate will appeal to me by the time I have to pull the lever. Right now, I'm not impressed. Being the Republican I am, though, it's gonna be from that group. Uhhh, I reckon.

American Idol

Now theres a concept.

Put all the candidates up on a stage and present them with crisis situations to resolve. Then have three washed up/never-weres critique them, then everyone votes as many times as they want by cell phone.

Bet the results would pretty much be about the same. Hey, didnt more people vote for American Idol than for the presidency last time around?

Candidate Idol would be sweet...........

Of course, we would need different judges.........

Get them all there, and present the following:

Iraq/Afghanistan policy
Tax Policy
Budget Deficit
Social Security/Medicare Policy

I picked Rudy. A real megalomaniac and complete narcissist.
I based it on who could conceivably do the most damage.

Well, I only have one small nugget of advice. Huckabee is a RINO "Republican In Name Only"............so if you're unsure, you could always pick a heavily liberal moderate Republican like Huckabee...........

Definitely a hard pick. I used to like McCain but then he sold out to the religious right, never liked Romney or Huckabee, Thompson amuses me, but no. Edwards, well, never liked his views and Richardson and Paul never really got started. As to Obama and Clinton, well, he's a dreamer but whether he will keep those dreams is another story and Clinton is bought and paid for. In the end, Edwards got my vote.

Anyone else think Ron Paul is a fairly squirrelly guy? In alot of ways he reminds me of Perot in his mannerisms.

Anyone else think Ron Paul is a fairly squirrelly guy? In alot of ways he reminds me of Perot in his mannerisms.

Too bad Paul did not run in 2000 and win. He might be a lot like Perot but at least he is not Old George W.

Paul might not be the best candiate but at least if he was the President one might say that maybe the U.S would not be blogged down in the Iraq War & maybe the U.S would not have borrowed billions of $$$$ to fund the Iraq War from China, Japan and others.

GOD BLESS:angel:

Last edited:

His voice and appearance always remind me of John Mahoney, the actor who played Martin Crane, Frasier Crane's father:

john%20mahoney.jpg

P000583.jpg

Too bad Paul did not run in 2000 and win. He might be a lot like Perot but at least he is not Old George W.

Paul might not be the best candiate but at least if he was the President one might say that maybe the U.S would not be blogged down in the Iraq War & maybe the U.S would not have borrowed billions of $$$$ to fund the Iraq War from China, Japan and others.

GOD BLESS:angel:

You are right! They need to settle it on American Gladiators. Why didnt I think of that!

Yes. His team believes 9/11 "was an inside job". He seems to be into conspiracy theories on things. But he pulls in the fundraising dough. Lots of his fans must not be aware of some of his squirrellier beliefs. Or there are lots of fruitcakes out there.

Not to mention some of the things printed in the newsletter bearing his name in the 90's, and of which content he says "he bears responsibility for".

I'd probably be in the running for most non-liberal person on this board, and I feel exactly the same!

Yep, it's that 'obviousness' that is creepy. Sure, they all are contrived, as you say - but she's not even good at it! Just bugs the heck out of me.

She just gives me this feeling that if you said - 'my favorite color is chartreuse', she would say 'me too!' if she thought it would get your vote.

It's funny/sad that we are having this kind of discussion about the potential future leaders of the USA....

-ERD50

[FONT=times new roman, new york, times, serif]My nightmare race is Hillary vs Romney, I will seriously get drunk and cry for a day. My dream race is Obama vs McCain. I am gratified to see that those have two of the lowest negative ratings on the board.[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom