The biggest holiday season of the year

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
Well, we have a really major holiday coming up later this month, and I wonder how everyone is preparing for it. Personally, I'll be picking up a pork belly at Costco and making my usual holiday treat.

Of course I'm referring to National Bacon Day on December 30th. :baconflag:

Bacon-Day-December-30.jpg

I'm going to be chomping on that bacon beginning January 2, 2019. Wifey and I are taking a nine day cruise to the ABC islands. :dance:

Hm. I ordered 2 lbs of bacon jerky from J&J Czuchraj Meats during their Cyber Monday sale, but I'm not sure it'll last through the 30th! I usually treat myself to a few pounds of their jerky once a year during the sale, it's amazing stuff.

I decorate the house and do a few special things such as attend a Christmas concert given by a choral group that is practically perfect in every way. I also sing Christmas songs to myself as I shop.

I was not aware of said holiday. Can’t really call it one of those Hallmark Card holidays, but it wasn’t well advertised. Now that I know, I’ll be sire to do something to commemorate the day. Since I don’t make bacon from scratch, I’ll probably get a couple high end brands that I would not normally buy and try them out. Any recommendations would be welcome. Maybe a bacon of the month club for DW :D

Back
Top Bottom