The Fed’s Cure Risks Being Worse Than the Disease

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy will recover at some point, but it's pointless to predict when that will be. To try and extrapolate at this point is somewhat futile, so I'm letting the "dogs lie" for a few weeks and will re-evaluate then.

+1 - I am in the wait-and-see mode now. Stay alive! There is an old saying in Vietnam "còn người .. còn của" it can loosely translate to "if you stay alive ... you can build wealth again" :)

Bill Gates said something along these lines - It is pretty hard to tell people to go back to work and eating out and just ignore that pile of dead bodies in the corner.
I saw that video. Gates also presented at a TED conference in 2015 that was eerily prescient of today's pandemic.

I saw some posters throwing out a period like 6 months of lockdown.

China locked down Wuhan on Jan 29. Wuhan was reopened a couple of days ago. That's less than 2 months for life to slowly coming back to normal.

Of course they enforced the rule a lot stricter than any Western country can. Lack of discipline in a free country comes with some costs. At some point, people will wise up and do what's good for them and for society.

I don't know how it is going to work out, but surely hope it's quicker than 6 months.

China locked down Wuhan on Jan 29. Wuhan was reopened a couple of days ago. That's less than 2 months for life to slowly coming back to normal.

It may be too early to tell if Wuhan opening up so soon was a wise step. As much as I want to look as that as a hopeful sign, I consider the source... :)

They allow people to leave their home, but the restrictions are still tighter than the lockdown in Western countries. Movie theaters and bars are still close.

People are allowed out of their residential complexes only if they have a return-to-work pass issued by their employer, and only if the government-issued health code on their cellphone glows green — not orange or red — to show that they are healthy and cleared for travel. Residents report that some complexes deemed infection-free have quietly lost that status, without explanation.

In the malls that opened this week, people must stand five feet apart on escalators, and clothes that customers have tried on must be sprayed with disinfectant. Subway passengers must wear masks and sit two seats apart; footage on state media showed near-deserted cars and stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom