The Photographers' Corner 2013-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate hearing from those who have gotten a Nikon D850 for landscape shooting, and what you think of it compared to your last camera.

Took a few shots of the lunar eclipse last night. First image was at 1/1000 second, the last at 1 second to give you an idea of the dimming that occurred.

Attachments

• 1037.jpg
    1037.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 1137.jpg
    1137.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 38
  • 1145.jpg
    1145.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 39
The Photographers' Corner

Nice shots! I was surprised at the amount of dimming that the eclipse caused. Thin clouds here, so I could barely find the moon at totality. No hint of red either.

FYI... For those shooting sunrises and sunsets, BH Photo is clearing out VU graduated neutral density filters at about 80% off. These are high quality glass 100mm x 150mm (Cokin Z-pro format). I ordered three last week and got them yesterday and confirmed that they are good quality and much better than the Cokin resin filters. I ordered 3 more today. They still have a few left as of one hour ago. Someone on Ebay is selling the same VU filters at $99 each at 50% off. However I paid an average of $19 each for the soft edge ones and $12 each for the hard edge ones. I also picked up other VU screw on filter sets. The company is liquidating their inventory through BH Photo.

Quite nice, Ronstar - a good exposure, wonderful composition.

When I was stationed at Luke AFB in the '70s, would go camping in Oak Creek Canyon. The whole region is just beautiful, no wonder it attracts 'spiritual' interest... your image does it justice.

Amazing to see the desert so green. But add in snow? Outstanding!

Amazing to see the desert so green. But add in snow? Outstanding!

Thanks - it was a fun couple of days. Lots of locals running around taking photos. Many have never seen snow before. Some said it hadn’t snowed like this here in 30 years. It will all melt soon.

Thanks, Ronstar. It's in my desktop wallpaper folder now.

Late winter view of Issaquah Creek. Issaquah is a small city east of Seattle. After a major snowstorm two weeks ago, runoff from the mountains is keeping the creek high.

- Rita

Attachments

• DSCN6707.jpg
    DSCN6707.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom