The Ugly Thai...

free4now said:
While we're giving travel tips, here's my off the wall tip for men:

Figure out how to keep your nose hair under control.

What is your off the wall for women?

While we're giving travel tips, here's my off the wall tip for men:
Figure out how to keep your nose hair under control.

What is your off the wall for women?

While I have to agree with and respect Free4now's comment about the nose hairs, I shudder over what might be the off the wall comment for women!! ::) :LOL:

And with all of these travel tips of being quiet, dressing unobtrusively, being conservative both in behavior and speech... I take a look here around the pool at our guest house....

Europeans tatooed and pierced in every place seen and unseen. Hair ratted, dreadlocked, colored from orange to blue, shaved and gelled in styles from early cave man to the jetson's. Smoking like a chimney, drinking like a fish... Quiet is a word they can't spell let alone comprehend.

Just thought I would offer a different perspective -- It's not always the Ugly American m'friends... :LOL: 8) Why don't we ever hear about them? (Rhetorical question, no need to reply...)

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Billy said:
Europeans tatooed and pierced in every place seen and unseen. Hair ratted, dreadlocked, colored from orange to blue, shaved and gelled in styles from early cave man to the jetson's. Smoking like a chimney, drinking like a fish... Quiet is a word they can't spell let alone comprehend.

Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirement

Akaisha, are you and Billy staying at Pattaya? None shirted profusely tatooed euorpeans are the order of the day down there :)

One day I was strolling along Beach Road (Pattaya) when, form a distance, I thought I saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat and a long sleeve leopard shirt. As I walked closer, I discovered that he was so heavily tatooed that -from a distance- he looked as if he was wearing a leopard pattern shirt.

Little wonder that some Thais hold all farangs in low regard.

Oh, and his accent was definately not american and he was, well to put it mildly, not quiet :)

Hi Lance!!

:LOL:

No, this is simply at the Top North! And I had forgotten to mention the conversations about the tattooes and piercings :eek: I mean, do I wanna know this information? :LOL:

when, form a distance, I thought I saw a guy wearing a cowboy hat and a long sleeve leopard shirt.

Been there, understand that.

Again, here at the Top North -- I saw a woman who was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt under her bathing suit (to protect her from the UV rays?) when, at closer look I realized she had a full upper body tattoo. :eek:

The backs of these lovelies have full span Angel wings, or perhaps butterfly wings. some have comic book-like characters... hey, what am I telling you this for? :LOL: :D You've been here!

I know many like to talk about how Americans are uncouth and loud,... but please! Our European brothers and sisters (and sometimes Aussies) can give us a run for our money in that department! Let's just be fair here... ;)

See ya!
Akaisha
Author, The Adventurer's Guide to Early Retirment

Back
Top Bottom